Salt X

plaicemat

I bought my last lot in 2007 from............

kctrading@aol.com

They were based in Guernsey - don't know if this is still valid!

As a site advertiser - someone should know

Neal

Edited by Neal

Nice thought Jim but, wrong stuff. Salt-X is for using on boat parts and fishing reels, etc, to not only inhibit the effects of salt but also to get rid of the effects when one has, perhaps, forgotten to soak in fresh water. Good stuff!

Terry.

Good call Stuart, looks like the same stuff with a different name. Same 3 products, Salt Off (Salt-X), Salt Off super concentrate and odour remover (Phew Go). I have contacted them for details of cost, postage, etc.

If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll see what I can do for a discount. It really does clean up pliers, scissors, reels; anything really that is affected by salt corrosion.

Terry.

Nice thought Jim but, wrong stuff. Salt-X is for using on boat parts and fishing reels, etc, to not only inhibit the effects of salt but also to get rid of the effects when one has, perhaps, forgotten to soak in fresh water. Good stuff!

Terry.

Yeah !

Silly old Sausage.

I was thinking of Rain X wink.gif

It ain't easy when you get to MY age Y'know.

Jim

I've had correspondence with the distributor and, yes, it is the same product. It's made in Australia and some of their paperwork shows Salt-X. The price for one litre concentrate (makes 35ltrs when diluted which I keep in a spray) is

Edited by plaicemat

So you give your Tackle a spray over with this stuff after every Session ?

Off you go then Rob !

How about - - - " Adds Lustre to your Cluster " laugh.gif

Seriously though, perhaps we could get a Job lot with some Discount.

Jim

Jim, I couldn't possibly, I am an upstanding smile.gif pillar of the community!

I have just opened my second litre of Salt-x for post Alderney scrub down. So, the first lasted 4 yrs, and I use it after every trip (though for some it won't be many!!!!!!). This second one was sent to me for free for the write-up I did in 2007, when I used it to clean the internals of my Yamaha, see here: http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=6812

Thanks for the link Rob - very helpful.

Whats a pee hole - is it the tell-tale?

In my Johnson manual the pictures look like the flushing adaptor is screwed into the tell-tale socket. Can this be right, to flush into the tell-tale?

Thanks for the link Rob - very helpful.

Whats a pee hole - is it the tell-tale?

In my Johnson manual the pictures look like the flushing adaptor is screwed into the tell-tale socket. Can this be right, to flush into the tell-tale?

Hi Stuie

Some engine manufactures do suggest flushing the engine through the tell tale outlet, but don't run the engine as the impellor will not be covered in water!

I would suggest you run on muffs or in a barrel to allow the engine to warm up and open the stat to get all waterways flushed.

Dave

cool.gif

Thanks Dave - the 50 Johnson I can do on muffs - it's the 4hp that is the issue. Will need gallons of the stuff. I'll give it some thought and look at the thermostat issue - possibly warm the engine up switch off and then flush through the telltale?

Thanks Dave - the 50 Johnson I can do on muffs - it's the 4hp that is the issue. Will need gallons of the stuff. I'll give it some thought and look at the thermostat issue - possibly warm the engine up switch off and then flush through the telltale?

White Vinegar or Calgon will work just as well at a fraction of the cost.

Dave

• 9 months later...