Flounder Comp - Bob Horne Memorial

Maverick Martin

You are so right there Paul,

The big man spent many hours fishing with Gary over the winter months, in search of one like this.

user posted image

I am sure he has been looking down on us today. It would have given him a good laugh to see us all floundering in the harbour [especially me].

Charlie biggrin.gif

Edited by great white

I miss Big Bob.

He'd have been proud today though! A good turnout - some 15 anglers fishing and reasonable weather too - warm out of the wind and in the winter sun, and plenty of fish! Martin had circa 12 fish for the day! Some good sies in there too....

Final Results:

1st Kev Couzins - 4lb 12oz - 190% - WOW! NEW CLUB RECORD

2nd Dave Evans - 3lb 4oz - 130%

3rd Mick Pike 2lb 15oz - 117.5%

4th Alun Jones - 2lb 7oz - 97.5%

5th Adam Franklin - 2lb 1oz - 82.5%

6th Martin Burt - 1lb 15oz - 77.5%

6th Gary Austin - 1lb 15oz - 77.5%

7th Charlie Chapman - 1lb 14oz - 75%

8th Paul Frey - 1lb 9oz - 62.5%

Well done all, but a HUGE well done to Kev - the best % specimen Ive ever seen caught, a true MONSTER of a fish, breaking John Peck's 2001 record of 3lb 15oz but a massive margin, I'd put money on that never being beaten!

user posted image

Edited by Adam F

Well what a lovely day to be out on the water,made even better as we hit target

species.With Mick and Dave as crew we headed for a hot spot just in front of the gastro wagon. well good start 1 fish to mick 1 fish to me the tide ran away so we popped out in harbour to try our luck, a bit on the slow side with only 1 fish to mick.

so back up to holes bay first drop dave comes out the cabin where my f@@@@@g float gone then pulls up a double shot 2lb 8oz and 3lb 4oz he shouts i got the winner there ten mins go by with him telling us how he will enjoy the hamper ringing every one to tell um, i looked round and said where the heck is my float gone after a nice fight dave managed to get this one in the net ha ha

it went 4lb 12oz i cant repeat what he called me dont these fish give a good fight.micks turn now up comes a2lb 15oz another cracking fish

a few more smaller fish later it was time to pack up a quick wash down and off to way in

what a day a new club record a cracking hamper (thanks alan) and 10 fish on board. good banter with the crew

I never met Bob i hope he would of enjoyed that one.Well done to every one that turned up to make a good comp. Thanks for the pics i will have to work out how to send to BFM

MERRY XMAS TO ALL

Kev

A clonking fish Kev and your`e so lucky........................Dave didn`t knock it off he must be getting the hang of this netting thing laugh.gif

Nige

2 Weekends of knocking fish off would look suspicious!!! (and it wasn't his boat so he would have had to swim ashore!)

A clonking fish Kev and your`e so lucky........................Dave didn`t knock it off he must be getting the hang of this netting thing laugh.gif

Nige

I did hear a rumour about landing nets - do tell tongue.gif

PJ

Ask Charlie.....

P.S Kev get yours on" report a catch" netman Dave put his tiddler on there rolleyes.gif

Edited by niggle