SMART TABS

johnnyb.

Last time out I thought the boat was slightly leaning whilst under power. Ive just noticed one of the smart tabs is flapping about with no tension on the shock absorber arm thing.They are called Nauticas smart tabs.I presume I can just replace the arm,anybody got any ideas,and where is the best place to get them?

many thanks Johnnyb.

Thanks Derek I should have checked there in the first place I checked my locals but they are mainley river boats on the Thames so they never get much above 4 knots.They have different sizes at force 4,( 30 ,40,60 ,and 80,) I think the wing parts are all the same,>> and the sizes may be the pressure in the piston .On the web sight there isnt any info on boat lenght etc.Ill have to give them a ring.... Thanks again Johnnyb.

Edited by johnnyb.

Johnnyb, If you have trouble getting them you may have to go usa sad.gif

I think there is a link somewhere for actuators........got a feeling 'Rob' put it on. try searching for it or wait till Rob ain't so busy........or rested laugh.gif

Gary

P.S this might be it

www.gasspringstruts.co.uk

I did do a post somewhere, though I got my 2 spare ones from the USA.

Last one was brough back by AlunJ.

Since then I did find a company in the UK who made a stainless ram that should fit. I thinkn the original ones fail as they are designed for freshwater in the US and the piston corrodes and damages the seal on compression!

I found the stainless ones online but did not get round to ordering them. If I remember there were fixed pressure ones or adjustable ones if required.

Rob

Since then I did find a company in the UK who made a stainless ram that should fit. I think these fail as they are designed for freshwater in the US and the piston corrodes and damages the seal on compression!

Rob

I'm slightly confused - there are a lot of stainless rams on marine stern drive units happily operating in sea water...

Oh yes thanks for the link Paul.Looking at the actuators it looks like they are coulour coded with a cable tie (pink 40, blue 60 .I thought I needed 60 blue but the existing are pink.

Confused Johnnyb.

PS. Brian what colour are yours...

Hi Johnny.

Mine are pink.

for anybody with these Nauticas SX smart tabs I finally got there.

The pink cable ties are 40s and referes to the lbs in the cylinder.If you snip off the tie and slide back the gator the part number is on a sticky lablel on the actual actuator.Replacements can be got from International Marine Supplies on line.(thanks to Paul and everyone for your help).

Johnnyb. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

NAUTICAUS WARRANTY ON THE ACTUATORS IS 2 YEARS, CHECK WHEN YOU HAD YOURS AND GO BACK TO WARRIOR IF THEY SUPPLIED, SPARE ACTUATORS ARE AVAILABLE FROM STREAMLINE PROPELLORS, ALDERSHOT ALTHOUGH THEY ARE CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK OF 40 POUNDERS, THEY DO HAVE 60'S IN STOCK. ims HAVE NOTHING, JUST REPLACED MY FAILED UNITS;

• 1 year later...

Steel and the Salty Stuff just don't mix Brian. :(

Your boat is hardly ever in the water to get salt on them.

Are you a government plant - - - - to convince us workers that there's no point retiring - - - - - we won't have any free time for fishing :P  :P  :P

I know, you'd think they'd use something that didn't rust, stainless or synthetic. I should have kept the Bennett tabs from the previous boat. <_<

I'd have more time to use it, if I could convince the rest of the family that they don't have to keep me occupied, I won't get bored. B)