Buyers Beware .....

Tomo

Hi Lads,

Just a big word of warning!!!!!

Beware of purchasing from this web site....

Boat and Tackle

Orderd tackle from them payed by PayPal....chased delivery after a week and they had stated the order had been dispatched....numerous phone messages left,emails sent, texts sent..all got no response....eventually started a Paypal dispute stating goods not recieved...still no response...only from PayPal.

Now I will have to wait for the drawn out process to make a claim and then see IF I get my money refunded.....

Traced his trading address.....trades from his front room.......dosn't look like it from his web site mad.gifmad.gif

Feel he needs a vist...... ph34r.gif

Tomo

Edited by Tomo

Looking at this gentlemans web site I see he is an approved '' shop wiki'' site, now their site is interesting especialy the conditions and requirements, perhaps they should be told of this chaps performance or lack of it. derek. mad.gifmad.gif

Posted this thread on WSF as Rob suggested..... it appears I,m one of many,

Just a complete con ...to get you to part with your hard eaned! smile9.gif and all the agro that goes with it,

I only bought on the web, cause none of our local shops had the kit!!..

..come to that neither did he!! mad.gif

Tomo

Posted this thread on WSF as Rob suggested..... it appears I,m one of many,

Just a complete con ...to get you to part with your hard eaned! smile9.gif and all the agro that goes with it,

I only bought on the web, cause none of our local shops had the kit!!..

..come to that neither did he!! mad.gif

Tomo

you are of course entitled to you opinion, and to vent your wider views on any forum, but especially looking at some of the responses I can't help feeling things might be getting a little OTT

that business was run pretty consistently by the guy that set it all up, with the odd hiccup inevitable with a part time operation (and not unknown with large businesses either!)

whilst the jury is clearly still out on the the new owner/operator it's difficult to see how some of the rhetoric is justified

that said I wouldn't rush to use them/it right now, but would hope that the various issues get resolved quickly.

You can contact us anytime Monday to Friday, on 07510 520113. (Mobile standard rates) or e-mail us at info@boatandtackle.co.uk If you would like to write to us you can at Boat&Tackle, 12 Kirk Flatts, Great Urswick, cumbria, LA12 0TB.

To be fair.... lots of mail order companies are not as large as they seem, often being run from a spare room or shed in the garden.

Looking at his website, he has a forum and allsorts so i cant imagine that everyone is unhappy with his service.

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but you CANT please all of the people all of the time.

Paypal are likely to refund you Tomo, that said poor customer service and the hag you are having to go through is not good enough.

To be fair.... lots of mail order companies are not as large as they seem, often being run from a spare room or shed in the garden.

Looking at his website, he has a forum and allsorts so i cant imagine that everyone is unhappy with his service.

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but you CANT please all of the people all of the time.

Paypal are likely to refund you Tomo, that said poor customer service and the hag you are having to go through is not good enough.

Any sort of response via a text, email or phone or even a recorded message on his mobile, to say he was not open or whatever, would have been something....but a total blank is not acceptable in anybodys view.....

Tomo

Has he gone on holiday?

That's fine Trev if he was,

But they sent an email confirming the order had been processed and completed!!

So if they can do that, why can't they respond to a simple request a couple of weeks later to state where it was or when it was dispatched, and I did give the option of responding via a voice mail, putting him on notice that if I got no response then I would be commencing a dispute procedure on Paypal....and still no response.

I know what would happen if I treated my clients that way! ph34r.gif

Tomo