Friday in the bay?

lofty

Got some time off Friday so im going for a paddle.Taking the trident out along the training bank and testing some kit. Taking my ugly to try for something... Any thoughts on bait, lures,etc. Anyone see me out come and say hello.should be out by midday. Whatever your up to have a good one. Lofty

user posted image

Dave I think you need to get a chart blink.gif

The training bank starts about 1/2 a mile past the chain ferry on the right hand side of the swash channel and runs for about a mile or so. Don't try and cross over it as you may well loose something from your engine rolleyes.gif It runs from Studland beach and is marked at the end with a large red post affair.

Martin

Dave 007.

Ive drifted along the top of it quite a few times and some of those rocks are cms below the surface and I wouldnt want to knock into one on my yak.I'd stay at least 50 feet away in a real boat. Minimum.

50ft!!! well at least 5!!!!!!

It is well contstructed and fairly straight without many sideways protrusions.

It does have a few posts along the top and finishes on the penultimate post before the last BIG one!

It does appear out of the water at low or near low and catchs out many a skipper throughout the year.

As Martin says - you need a chart and get familiar with the area. Come to a meeting with a chart and you will have plently of advise on where not to go. And no doubt some places to go!!! (Taking a chart to a club meeting is like bees around honey, Wasps round a lolly or proably flies round s&*t!!!!).

HTH,

Rob

Thanks again for all your input , now i know where it is I was able to find on my chart . I will certainly take your advice and leave plenty between me and it.

I would really love to come down to one of the meetings but due to my distance away it is not really practicle, but is great to have all your knowledge at the end of my key board and really appreciate your help and advice,

When I come down next I will try and make contacl via vhf.

thanks again

regards

Dave

Had a great paddle out and took Colins advice with ragworm on a two hook flapper . Anchored up at the end of the Bank. Two or three boats already out just past me. biggrin.gif My first fishy from the trident biggrin.gif Weighed in at 1.5lbs. and tasted lovely when I got home. Doesnt get much fresher

user posted image.

Shame it was an ugly one.Chap near me had a similar one with lots of orange spots,still,its not going on the wall as a trophy. A slow day but at least it wasnt a blank and even caught a bit of a tan....

I filleted it into 4 medium sized strips, dusted with flour, and flash fried in a pan for less than 5 mins and my girls all had taster of Dads endevours. Delicious. Now need to catch more of the blighters. Great being out and good chatting with others on the water who wanted to know whats up. Thanks for all the input. Lofty

biggrin.gif

Where and when do you chaps get together? Is it in a pub ?I dont drink but a coffee and some welcome knowledge wouldnt go amiss. smile.gif

Have a look at the "home page" Lofty.

"We hold regular club meetings, competitions, social events and an annual open boat competition usually held during November. Club meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month at the Parkstone Trades and Labour Club Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole, Dorset."

Join the club proper and get yourself along to some meetings.