This should be interesting........

duncan

No need to anchor...drop a fender on a rope....motor around the nearest upright...pick up your own fender...then you're attached!

Could be dead sociable...several boats all picking up the same rope...dropping back till sterns all in line...passing coffees over...

Wonder how many could attach to one? Can see the "best" ones having virtual pontoons in calm weather  biggrin.gif

Mike

Sounds like you are suggesting a piles party Mike biggrin.gif

With that much clearance, even our "stealth" boat could cope.

No need to anchor...drop a fender on a rope....motor around the nearest upright...pick up your own fender...then you're attached!

Could be dead sociable...several boats all picking up the same rope...dropping back till sterns all in line...passing coffees over...

Wonder how many could attach to one? Can see the "best" ones having virtual pontoons in calm weather biggrin.gif

Mike

trinity house used to get very upset when Dave and his mates used to do this with EC1 overnight - rather than motor back in! (accepting that this is a legal issue associated with navigation marks!)

personally I can't see why people expect the trawlers to be excluded - they seem capable to trawl meter perfect on the channel wrecks! OTOH it's not a trawling ground anyway.

I'm sure the fish will move in very fast, once construction finishes - but then again there will be an entire eco-system to develop. No doubt the studland sea-horses will decide to move as well biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Exclusion zone will be 50 metres.

Is that going to be permanently or presumably just while it is being built and cables are being laid ?

Where is this information ?

Personally, I actually look forward to there being a wind farm. It can only be of benefit to the fishing. ( trawler free zone with plenty of structures to attract fish. )

Exclusion zone will be 50 metres.

Is that going to be permanently or presumably just while it is being built and cables are being laid ?

Where is this information ?

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business...ief/sb02-88.pdf

see page 17

Is the only reference i can find to an exclusion zone AFTER the build of an offshore windfarm. I know this is a different area, but I would think the rules will be the same.

Edited by Graham Nash

Looking at the Thanet one ( which is huge ! ) there was a 500m exclusion zone whilst construction was under way and then they wanted a 50m one around each pylon but RYA are contesting this as no legislation ( I think ).

Who is going to police these 200 (or however many willmills there are) x 50m?

Will there be a permenant patrol boat going up and down these things?

We live very close to some here in Portugal on land, and I have to say they do seem very calming, they make very little noise and take up very little space, and we can actually sit on the steps of them without any problems, so im sure you will be able to navigate around them ok, ifthey will actually pay for themselves is a different matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Graham, I may well attend the Lifeboat College at 2pm on Thursday 17th.

The events are listed as information days - I expect this means there will be static displays, pictures etc and hopefully someone to ask questions of - unlike a public meeting.

Anyone else free?