Hi to you All

Member Removed

I have just joined the club and become a member. I hope to get to the meeting on the 2nd September.

Does the Club send through a joining pack? Membership details, boat stickers etc. If not could someone post the address for me please.

I have been away from fishing since my youth 'a long time ago' and have forgotten pretty much everything I didn't know anyway. I am hoping that through this forum, the club meetings, and getting together with members that dont mind educating a complete dunce I can get enough fishing and boating knowledge to have a few enjoyable days fishing and hopefully, 'catch some fish'

Wellcome Alan

Please dive in and fire away with any questions, I am sure you will get plenty of replies

The Clubs open comp is this Sunday as I am sure you have noticed on the Home page, we would love you to join in and fish it.

But if that is not possible may I suggest popping down to the weigh in at Cobbs Quay to meet a few Members and say hello face to face.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Thanks for the Hello's

With a little more knowledge and experiance I would be interested in joining the Comp on Sunday, but having been out in the Bay today, (wind speed approx 20mph) and similar forecast for Sunday and having got thoroughly soaked for my trouble today. I am not sure I have the skill level with my boat at the moment to go out further. Unless someone is looking for crew/tea maker, sandwich maker for the day. I am quite happy to suck up information in exchange for making the tea. If no go with that I will come down to Cobbs quay and have a chat. Where and what time at Cobbs will the weigh in be set?

Hi Mike.

I have what is called a compromise boat! Half to please the wife and the other half to go fishing.

It is a Sealine S23 cruiser. Already thinking most of my fishing will be on low wind no rain days due to the boat. Although, once I can get out of the Bay to do some fishing I will know better how the boat will handle on the drift and at anchor.

Hi Brian

I went to school in Dorchester in the late 60's My surname more often than not gets misread. Most people see an R in it. (Bown)

Thanks for the thread Rob I will look into it.