Warrior/Predator?endeavour?Explorer?

z1plex

Its great fun innit!!! tongue.gif Most of us went through a very similar process, asking as many opinions as possible to satisfy the niggling doubts in your mind! tongue.gif

Go with what YOU think is best. The explorer is a great boat, the predator looks good also, but is a good price. Make a list of what you really want from a boat and see how they all compare.

.....(playing devils advocate!)....how about a Raider 16' laugh.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Paul, if you would get details i'd appreciate it, whichever boat I end up with will be 16'ish, that much I am sure of. Martin..the weight of the Predator for instance, if you check the Seahog site, is 400 kilos approx, what extra weight you need to take into account apart from engine,fuel,general electrics,battery etc i'm not overly sure of, but I would take an uneducated guess at 200-300 kilos??,(engine being 75). I can't think of how Adam, for example, gets up to 1200kilos??............and while on that subject ,..thanks mate..rub it in why don't you! blink.giflaugh.gif

Raider indeed, ..........................mind you,....... they do look nice sad.gif

Duncan.

Duncan

I forgot to take my camera to work today and could only sneek a little time of work so didn't get to take any picys but will go to the store on Sunday and snap a few and get details from the VIN type plate for you to look at.

Regarding wieght you have to include anything that is carried on the trailer, I'm not sure if you have to include the weight of the trailer as well (Rich can you clarify)

But A standard Mariner 50hp 4 stroke engine weighs in at 224lb (102 kilos)

1 gallon (4.55 litres) of fuel is approximately 10lb (4.54kilos)

Batteries 1 or 2?

Water

weights

Electrics

Anchor, warp and chain plus spare

And the list goes on and soon mounts up. You can of course carry a lot of this equipment in you tow vehicle whilst travelling which would help to keep the weight on the trailer down.

Martin

Trailer Law - V useful site

Martin / Duncan ,

The 750 KG weight is a gross weight so presumably includes the trailer.

Just as important is the rating of the car when towing an unbraked trailer. For example a Honda-HRV is only rated up to 500 KG and the weight also cannot exceed half the vehicles kerb weight ( ie. To tow the full 750 KG you need a car with a kerb weight of at least 1500 KG ).

That said, my Orkney 520 is on an unbraked trailer and I have no problems towing this with the Mondeo ( you do notice it is there when stopping quickly mind ! ).

Speed limits are also of interest. ie. Single lane carriageway the limit towing a trailer is 50 MPH - This includes large stretches of the A31 Adam smile.gifsmile.gif

The 750kg limit for an un-braked trailer is Gross Weight ie. it does include the trailer.

I believe it is all up towed weight so the answer is yes it would include the trailer and outboard. But you are allowed to make deductions for water and fuel carried as they are consumables. Crazy really, if one was just on the limit the zealous cop could 'do you' if your tacle box was in the boat but not if it were in the back of the car.

Mad mike