Whale Tail

Jim

Went over to Mike's last Sunday, to borrow his polishing kit.

He showed me his new " Whale Tail " and was delighted with it.

I can't find much on the " Tinternet " about them. ( I keep finding adverts for thongs )

Has anyone else got any info as it sounds just the job for getting up and staying on the plane at lower speeds and improving performance.

Jim

Jim

I've got Smart Tabs on my Warrior. I haven't played around with the settings, they're as they left Warriors, I'm on the plane at a little over 11 knts.

I used to have Doel fins on a previous boat, but I didn't like them as I feel they put extra strain on the motor. It's a bit like lifting the back of the boat with the Anti-Cavitation Plate.

Went over to Mike's last Sunday, to borrow his polishing kit.

He showed me his new " Whale Tail " and was delighted with it.

I can't find much on the " Tinternet " about them. ( I keep finding adverts for thongs )

Has anyone else got any info as it sounds just the job for getting up and staying on the plane at lower speeds and improving performance.

Jim

Are they for kayaks Jim? biggrin.gif

well i certainly didn't know what a whale tail was until i did a search!

warning not for under 18s  biggrin.gif

I can just quess what the top Google search on PBSBAC website is today...... laugh.gif

scary stuff !

I had to take a look. It'd be rude not to. biggrin.gif

Gary,

Got off to a flying start.

Destroyed a mop straight away. I caught the base plate of my bridge.

Bought new mops & stuff today. Was gonna get polishing but what with Whale Tails biggrin.gif and everything, did'nt get round to it.

I'll keep you posted.

Jim

there was a set of Dole Fins (same thing) on JoJo when I bought her - they work great in a straight line but cornering at speed could get very dodgy - she ran better without them except the plane was now at a greater speed.

So i fitted SmartTabs (teh black plastc ones) - brilliant - better than nothing and much better than the Fins - Jim - cancel the order and get ya money back!!

Derek I have a pair if you want to try them - means drilling the Cavitation plate though.

Rob

Thanks for the offer Rob, I am talking about my longliner,with its 15hp motor, not a planing hull as you know, they dont actualy sound suitable (I think) unless someone knows better so i will await the advice and opinions, Derek,V, smile.gifsmile.gif

Reminds me of years ago when I ( oops ) a friend of mine was looking for a crack for a program ! ! ! ! ! ! ! sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Don't ever search for " crack " when your wife is behind you ( unless you can duck quickly ) laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Jim