looking for a dory

mw

Not that it helps - but I used to have a Dell Quay EuroSport 13 - great boat - much better than the normal Dory.

It took me ages to find a good one but it is worth looking at, it is also suprising what people advertise as a "Dory"!!!!

I put a brand spanker 40 Johnson 2-stroke on it and she went like

I had one of these as well - mine had a 70hp Yamaha engine on the back..............

Opened up on a flat calm sea .....................

Great fun at the helm - god help anyone else on-board.

Good luck Mark in your hunt fo one - but you can only fish on a limited number of occasions when you have very little wind.

Perhaps a small Boston Whaler would be better - probably more stable!

Neal

Not that it helps - but I used to have a Dell Quay EuroSport 13 - great boat - much better than the normal Dory.

It took me ages to find a good one but it is worth looking at, it is also suprising what people advertise as a "Dory"!!!!

I put a brand spanker 40 Johnson 2-stroke on it and she went like

Edited by Brian

I once had an 11 foot Dory with a 25HP Mercury and that was plenty HP for that size of boat. Planed easily and I was able to mono ski behind it so I guess 40 HP would be ample on a 13 foot Dory. The only problem with a smaller Dory is that you will get wet when the sea picks up and when you ride against or across the tide. Be warned it can get unpleasant!

Cheap and safe way to go though and easy to launch/retrieve.

Brian, it would do 30kn no probs - I expect it could have even had more pitch on it as it hit WOT max no probs - but towing the toys etc required more pull than top end.

Is the 50 Evirude a newish one? I believe old outboards were rated at the fly wheel and new ones are measured at the prop - therefore and the difference between and old 50 and new 40 isn't 10hp! But if the revs are rising and the speed isnt you may need to trim it differently or you have a cavitation issue or the leg is the wrong length.

These boats were foam filled and the foam could get waterlogged - mine was ok but it could be worth getting the boat weighed as it could be carrying 1/2 ton of water!!

On JoJo I have a Yamaha 50 4-stroke 2003 - beautifully smooth and quiet.

Rob

Mark

Not sure it is what you want but worth a look

Description

Marina 14ft speedboat with trailer and 35hp johnson engine. Lovely 4/5 seater boat ready for water, engine recently serviced, comes with 3petrol tanks, bouys and paddles. Viewing highly recommended, quick sale wanted hence low sale price, stored in Ringwood. Tel: 07039 516 115

Information

Edited by pirky