I think i'm getting a KAYAK :-)

Graham Nash

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just emailed the seller on anglers afloat. Its a little outside what i wanted to pay, and an 8 hour round trip, but if we can agree something ...... you never know :-)

I think Maver(Steve)on this forum has a T15.Loads of storage space,Or he might have the smaller T13.

I travelled to the other side of Birmingham in heavy snow to pick my kayak up biggrin.gif

Its the T13 if you want to try it out let me know

I am amazed at all the offfers of a "test drive" that I have received. Many thanks all.

I am still gutted that I cant make the 5th, but I will get myself a drysuit and will take one or two of these offers up when convenient with you.

Incidentally ..... ZED, how do you find your Moken??

ok one Moken report comming up.

The Moken is a little heaveir than many of the Ocean Kayak (OK) range, and that shows when it comes to outright speed, that in turn can limit where you fish a little. Though due to its heavier build its also nice and stable and a nice comfortable perch to fish from.

Build quality is good with some nice touches, the roller on the back for instance means that you can save

Thanks Zed, it all sounds so easy. Like you said about the window yesterday, 45 minutes and you were away.

With my Plymouth Pilot I am completely at the mercy of the tides as I need a certain amount of water at the slipway to be able to get in and out, having said that I have modified my trailer and fitted a monster winch now so once this wind dies down I intend giving it a try.

Anyway ..... dispite all the advice I have spent some money tonight and bought a kayak. At

Edited by Graham Nash

Welcome Aboard Little sal, you are going to have more fun than you ever imagined i reckon, it takes some time to get comfortable with a new kayak and be able to fish of it but if you do miss the meet on the 5th you could come out with some of us to get some ideas.

Theres a lot going on when you are out there fishing ,you need to be very organised also you will need an anchor trolley as soon as possible , even if its to tie off on some mooring/pot bouys to start with. . Good luck . . hope to see you out there. . .

Ben

Edited by seagypsy

I have looked on anglers afloat website at the section on fitting an anchor trolley Ben and will be chatting to some of the kayak guys at the club meeting next week.

I am nervous about making a wally of myself when i first go out, but I hope i can join you chaps some times and learn from the experts.

Dont worry about making a wally of yourself first time you go out , ,

I do it every time i go out , its all down to good decision making , fitness is not really an issue if you stay in the harbour, just check the tide flow so you are not in the harbour entrance on a spring tide ebbing and need to get back to baiter!

the lower reaches are better to start with anyway, , Do you have a dry suit , pfd, etc?

Well done Graham on the purchase of your kayak, you didnt waste much time smile.gif

at yesterday. Quick call to Ben to see if we still fancy it, half an hor to get the Yak on the car another half hour to get my kit 15 mins to drive to lake pier, 15 mins setting up and were off, when the rain came in and it started getting dark we called it but a three hour window is ample at short notice to play in poole harbour. I would have needed to be much more confident and have a longer defined window to go anywhere other than rockley, but at least i got out and blew some cobwebs out.

Was that you or your buddy in a greenish looking kayak fishing just off of Rockley channel at about 3pm on sat? if so I passed you (Blue and white boat "AWOL") did you get any flounders?

Martin

Welcome to the club Graham wink.gif

I look forward to seeing your new yak.I had a look on the link and it looks very stable.I am sure your going to enjoy the experiance.

As I do shift work I am off during the week days so if you are ever off during the week just give me a shout and we can get out for a few hours wink.gif

Well done Graham on the purchase of your kayak, you didnt waste much time smile.gif

Martin

As I mentioned earlier Martin, I am a bit of an impulse buyer.

Had I have waited any longer I would probably have found something else to spend my money on and would be buying a para glider or something else just as silly.

I think a fishing kayak is a safe bet and will keep me occupied for a little while smile.gif

Thank you overrun, I am looking forward to playing on it ...... maybe you Kayak guys could give me another bit of advice (that I WILL take this time).

I have today bought myself a crewsaver hyperdrypro front zip dry suit ....... how do I get it on????

If I put my feet and legs in first I cant get my head in and if i put my head and arms in I cant get me bloody legs in!!!! .....

I have looked like a complete twonk tonight and am sweating now from the effort! laugh.gif

Edit......

Its ok I have done it now ..... Dunno if i will ever get it off again tho!

Hopefully I will see some of yuou Thursday at the meeting (I will be the one with a dry suit on) or on Saturday at Hamworthy smile.gif

Edited by Graham Nash

The easiest way to get the suit on is Legs first,then pull it up the body.Then your arms and finaly your head.Then just reverse the process to take it off wink.gif

That was the route i took Zippy, but with the fleece on i just could not bend enough to get my arms and head in. I will do some warm up excercises and aerobics before trying again ..... maybe lose a litttle weight round the middle too blink.gif

Thank you overrun, I am looking forward to playing on it ...... maybe you Kayak guys could give me another bit of advice (that I WILL take this time).

I have today bought myself a crewsaver hyperdrypro front zip dry suit ....... how do I get it on????

If I put my feet and legs in first I cant get my head in and if i put my head and arms in I cant get me bloody legs in!!!! .....

I have looked like a complete twonk tonight and am sweating now from the effort! laugh.gif

Edit......

Its ok I have done it now ..... Dunno if i will ever get it off again tho!

Hopefully I will see some of yuou Thursday at the meeting (I will be the one with a dry suit on) or on Saturday at Hamworthy smile.gif

Graham

You have just given me the best laugh I have had in my office for years biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Just sat here reading the post laughing, with the thought of you strugling to your PC bound up in your new drysuit to ask how to get it on/off

Brilliant mate biggrin.gif

Have fun stay safe

Charlie