local marks

Gnasher

Hi Guys

Im new to boat fishing and have just bought a 24 rolleyes.gif footer for my personal use. I am looking for info on where to catch bass and also conger. I have my boat based in Keyhaven but I cant travel to far coz my massive petrol inboard costs a bomb to run. I know that near the needles is good for conger but where do I start or do i just sling over and hope for the best? If any1 knows where I can drift for bass locally then please let me know.

Many Thanks and thanks for your help.

Tight Lines

Dan

Hi Dan, Bass show regularly in the race just off Hurst, nothing huge, usually in the three pound bracket, taking artificials, or small livebaits. Steam round the back of the Island onto the banks off st catherines, and you'll be into Bass on the flood tide. Off the entrance to Beaulieu River is great for small Bass also, and why not try hitting ther smoothounds off sowley boom???? Excellent sport on light gear, and well easy to catch......offer them hardbacks, crushed slightly to get the scent running........count to ten and hold on!!!!!!

Regards, Rich

Guest Guest_Dan_Fisherman

biggrin.gif

Guys your starting to whet my appitite, i just cant wait til the bass and smoothies buckle my 12lb class gear. I'll sure to av a go of the ledge with the conger to.

Dan,

I presume you got my e-mail then smile.gif

I fish out of Lymington quite a bit, so feel free to PM me with contact details and I can give you the lowdown on the fishing club if you like. Weather willing I should be out on Saturday or Sunday ( yet to decide between Lymington or Christchurch )

Guest Guest_Dan_Fisherman

Yes thanks Paul, what a little goldmine this site is, i put a thanku note on the deepsea msg board. If I get into any difficulties I will let u know

Dan,

You can also read the article on conger fishing in our area.

At the top of the page you'll see a menu bar - select "Interactive" - and then select "species/tactics".

We only have articles on Blonde Rays (complete) and Conger (80% complete) at the moment

There will also be an article on Bass soon (wont there Adam??). tongue.gif

cheers

Bob F.

Dan,

If you want to try the ledge for eels, just let me know...you are more than welcome to fish alongside us one night.

BTW - Night is generally best time for eels on the ledge. To get them during the day, you need to be 100'+ of water off the back of the Needles.

Adam