new prop

JIMBOB

Tryed to get my engine sorted today,I took my prop down to prop rev and they took one look at it and said I needed a new one! ohmy.gif

but it wasent all bad. they sold me a prop from Turning Point Props called"rascal" its a kind of mix and match idea you buy a hub then your required prop seperate.

then your ready to go ,that cost

James,

Orkney is a semi-displacement hull also the pitch will depend upon the ratio of the gearbox in the engine. ( I had previously a prop with a pitch of 9 3/4", so I have reduced the pitch by 3/4 " which should mean higher revs for the engine. )

Acid test will be to take to the water.

James, I hear that mercury are looking for a highly skilled engine technician to tweak the finer adjustments on their new engines following a multimillion pound cash injection into the project........................with hammer mighty firmly in hand, the application is in wink.gif

Rich

Managed a short test run yesterday,with the new prop, Its looking good managed 16 knots with 3 adults and a nipper on board (dosent sound a lot but with 3 adults tara normally only does 12 to 14). so I cant wait for the first outing with only 2 on board biggrin.gif

James