mooring help

Member Removed

hello all

i need some help in locateing a mooring for this season poss all year round. the reason being i am looking to move house soon and im getting grief from she who must be obeyed she is not having a bloody boat in front of her window in new place BLOODY WOMEN ALWAYS SPOILING FUN. i tried many places some full already or im waiting for reply. and some are just too expensive. im not to bothered what type of mooring as long as its safe and quite easy to get to.

any ideas???????????????

cheers rolleyes.gif

I notice from another post that you have a 16ft boat with 40hp outboard. I think you would find it much cheaper to find a storage option rather than a mooring. It also makes routine maintenance and cleanup a lot easier. If you ask on here, you may strike lucky as I had some advise on this subject a couple of years ago.

Terry.

hello all

i need some help in locateing a mooring for this season poss all year round. the reason being i am looking to move house soon and im getting grief from she who must be obeyed she is not having a bloody boat in front of her window in new place BLOODY WOMEN ALWAYS SPOILING FUN. i tried many places some full already or im waiting for reply. and some are just too expensive. im not to bothered what type of mooring as long as its safe and quite easy to get to.

any ideas???????????????

cheers rolleyes.gif

I agree with Terry. To be brutally frank there is not a chance in heck of you getting a mooring in a dodgy spot let alone a safe area and expect it to be inexpensive. Poole seems to be the most expensive area for mooring in the country.

Even storage ashore in this area is more than a nice little harbour mooring in say Wales or Suffolk.

Talking to guys on the WSF forum really P's me off when they talk about safe,, handy , and easy to use moorings for the astronomical sum of

James

Also, perhaps consider your insurance...

When I put my boat into a swinging mooring in Poole, they would only insure for 6 months, march31 onwards.

OK so someone may post with a great insurer who does 12 Months, but I wouldnt want to leave it in the harbour all year... thankyou.

Maybe you can compromise with 6 months outside the house in the rough weather when her indoors isnt outdoors, and then get it away from the view of the windows from April onwards.

Paul

Not all moorings in the harbour have to be vacated during the cod season! I have one down at Sandbanks and have remained in the water for the last 3 years. You should see the weed on her now!!

I believe the new owners at Sandbanks Marina and Boatyard have moorings available. Just over