Solent Trip

Newboy

I know we are going for smoothies and rays this saturday, what tackle are we using?

I'm thinking of a 30lb class rod, 16kg braid, 60 trace and a simple running ledger with a pennel set up, bait wise, mackeral, peeler and squids.

Hi Guys

I was planning to join you all out their BUT, last Wednesday boat went back in all clean and serviced biggrin.gif Friday reversed into chain securing pontoon to river bed at low tide ,couldnt see it until to late and screwed both props weep.gif , props wont be back until next week sometime mad.gif

Plenty of Smoothies out their especially young ones around 8/12 ozs.

Bait in order of preference ,Hermit, Peeler, Squid , Mackeral.

Dave.

Martin,

I called Suzuki today and Splash-Out should be back tomorrow. It was only the sump plug that wasn't sealing properly. They're fitting a new thread ( sad.gif ).

Not sure that I will get the boat ready in time for Saturday, so I'd prefer to still come out on Maverick, if that is ok???

cheers

Bob F

Hi Adam

If the offer was to me, very many thanks but I will be out on the Solent myself at the IAC Southern Fish In which is at the Eastern side of the Isle of Wight. wink.gif

If you facny a change skip down this side and give us a call on the radio. sick.gif

We will be on channel 8 but as I have dual watch it will be on 16 & 8

I hope we ALL get plenty of fish and the weather does not spoil it for all. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

Re. the hard backs, they work just as well as peelers and hermits for the smoothies in the Solent, so don't waste too much dosh buying up expensive baits. Unfortunately, I'm on the river today, no hardbacks there!!! Will bell my pal over in Marchwood and get him to nip over to magazine lane to grab a bucketfull for us.

See you guys on Sat.

Regards, Rich

Unfortunately, due to the antics of some Knight of the Road, I wont be attending. This clown smashed into the rear end of percival, giving him a rather large dent, and an even bigger dent in this blokes pride! With the inevitable whiplash that ensues these rear end shunts, I'm going to back out, as I dont think that the "Bobbing up and down like this" motion will do the back any good. Debs bought a sack full of bait for us too, sinfull!!!!!

Have a great day, will call Bob F with the marks I was given for smoothies, I'm not really envious!

Regards, Rich weep.gif