great white

Following requests by Members and the Jan Committee meeting our competition program has been agreed.

Following a couple of sponsor confirmations I will soon type it up for distribution with the Feb Newsletter and hope that the changes meet with Members approval and encourage a bigger participation in our comps. I hope you like the changes biggrin.gif

At this early stage We wanted to let everyone know that Andy at Poole Angling Centre has agreed to sponsor 9 prizes [Rods] biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif that will be awarded to Members catching the best fish of the Month. at the meeting it was agreed that the Club will purchase 3 more rods so that these prizes can be awarded for all 12 months.

Our Fishing year Runs from January to the end of December so in fact this competition has already started.

Members will only be eligable to win one of these Rods in a 12 month period, if A Member gets the best fish for more than one month he will still be awarded the Fish of the month trophy but the rod will go to the next eligable fish by its specimen percentage.

The Trophys will be awarded at the Dinner and Dance but the Rods will be awarded at the next one of our Monthly Club Meetings.

As Jan is rapidly going I thought it important to let as many people know as possible and encourage you to report all fish that you catch

Very Tight lines biggrin.gif

Charlie

Well done Andy and Poole Angling Centre. That is a really worthwhile prize and an incentive to report those catches. There is always the feeling that this could be the month. I should imagine anything reported in January could be a contender.

Terry.

• 4 weeks later...

As you say Alun

It was announced at the last meeting that the January Fish of the Month trophy and first Poole Angling Centre rod was won by:

Duncan Mackie for a 46lb conger eel 115% specimen

Nice fish mate well done. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Incidentaly there was a bigger specimen % flounder caught but it was not recorded in time, {By the end of the next meeting] so will not be eligable.

A lesson to be learnt there I think.

Please keep me up to date of your catches.

Charlie biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Martin

Well - having now seen the comp sheet for 2007 I can only marvel at the work that has gone on 'behind the scenes' in recent months.

Personally I believe the variation introduced to the regular series of comps will make it significantly more attractive to fish from time to time; although I can see it detracting from a more purist approach. The sponsorship deals are amazing and diverse - well done all involved!

8th of June booked off as holiday - if only we get the same weather as last year......... cool.gif

Finally it is great to see from the fish recorder that "Following outstanding bass catches in July 2007............" - clearly the ability to predict in the same way that the fishing mags often announce what's happening in a month based on previous years (as they go to press a little early........... rolleyes.gif ) is a pre requisite for Fish recorders.

Finally it is great to see from the fish recorder that "Following outstanding bass catches in July 2007............" - clearly the ability to predict in the same way that the fishing mags often announce what's happening in a month based on previous years (as they go to press a little early........... rolleyes.gif ) is a pre requisite for Fish recorders.

Nothing wrong in being optimistic .... biggrin.gif