Next trip?

Adam F

Guys,

I would like to get some feedback on where we would like to go for our next trail-a-way.

Some suggestions are:

Solent, Start Point - Devon, Weymouth (again), Hayling, Nabb area

Need to get moving as the calenders are quickly becoming full!

Adam

Should soon be smoothie time in the solent perhaps we could repeat last years foray up there with perhaps a little more success. Or the Nab Tower area which I believe can fish well on occasions. I would also like to try other areas out of Weymouth. Looks like it might be a busy year smile.gif

If we do fish the solent area at some point we could then perhaps show newboy how to launch and retrieve properly. Dont however ask me for advice as on our Shambles trip I forgot to put me bung in and Mav nearly sunk ph34r.gif ! My crew wondered why she was so low in the water blink.gif

Martin

It's too easy to forget to put the bung in. The manfacturers ought to modify the drain so that the plug can be fitted from the inside.

I'm going to be adding some kind of bung to my list of onboard spares. A bung that can be stuffed into the drain hole from inside the boat.

Bob,

The bung on the Orkney is exactly like that. I never realised the Warrior one was done from the outside. I pull the bung when out to wash the deck down ( self draining ).

Perhaps you could get one like the Orkney uses ?

Hi

If you are stuck for a bung on a Warrior use one out of the fish wells at the back, they are all the same.

Forgot mine the other week, fortunately my crewman was holding the boat on the shore with the bilge pump running until I got back from parking the car and trailer!

Still got a wet sleeve however unsure.gif

Cod

I carry a set of various bungs.

They are available from all chandlers at a cost of a few pence. I cayy 2x spares for the main bung, and an assortment of rubber and wooden bungs. They have all kinds of uses.

The other tip is to attach the bung to the keys for your boat. You always need your keys before launching - that way you should never forget!

As for the next trip. I agree the Solent for Smoothies would be the best bet. Maybe DaveUK will host us again - as long as he promises better results than last year!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Any ideas on dates?

I also would like to repeat the Weymouth trip - either very soon for the Plaice before they go - or later in the year at a different mark.

Adam

I know I am not one of the trailered gang

But you may want to check out the summer competitions around the portsmouth area.

They used to be one on most weekends when the smoothys were around, good prizes and good turnouts

I have not fished them since I left the area and replaced the Dory with GW, but if they are still going you would have a good day.

The summer Smoothy fishing off Nab and at Selsey Bill is the only thing I miss about moving from Pompey to Poole. sad.gif

Selsey would be my vote, biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif and if you are going when I am free. I would love to take a space on one of your boats.

Charlie

I think anouther crack at the solent Would be good,(we no what to expect now,Huge tides and weed!!!).

Any chance It could be midweek. Im all out of weekends, Sickys at the weekend get more difficult as the summer gets nearer,going back into work with sunburn After being of sick is a bit of a giveaway ph34r.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Right chaps. Next trail-a-way.

Solent - Targeting rays amd smoothies as last year (hopefully with more sucess and less thunder! sad.gif )

Dates: 22/23rd May or 29/30th May. Done mind where we launch from, although Lymington was good last time, we all know where it is, and is good for even the big boats.

What do we think?

Adam

Local area for me guys.........Parking could be pricey though. If you can arrange to get there early, launch the boats and park around the corner in the bays o/s private houses beyond the boozer.

We park up there when we fish on the Police monthly day out.........never been unlucky with a parking spot.

Rich

PS Crew anyone smile.gif