Burnham Return Leg

Gnasher

Don't you mean the 21st?

If it's anything like last year, we all have to sign in at Baiter (a crew will do) and you can launch anywhere you want and fish anywhere as long as it's in the club water. Then weighing in at baiter again.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, no reason why you cant send bro over to sign in, then launch out of Christchurch. The Burnham comp is for best specimen, but its being run on our Bream Comp day, so two comps in one, (Ithink!)

Reasonable fish to target would be Bullhuss, Cuckoo Wrasse - dead easy to bag a 100%er, or even Gars. You could crack out a good cuckoo over a bream mark even, and take both prizes. I think Mark B and I will be steaming west, in search of another 100% Bully.........or we may squeak out a few Cuckoos on a recently acquired mark, so long as you can weigh in your fish at Baiter.

Whats 100% for a thin lipped???? or is a Mullet a mullet?

Rich

As I understand it the Burnham crews are fishing our Bream comp so Bream fishing it is (I could be wrong Adam will clarify). The guys from Burnham don't have Bream fishing up their way so enjoy going for them. As regards signing in, if you are only fishing the clubs Bream comp no need to, just phone Charlie or Peter as normal and then try to make contact via VHF or mobile on the day. If you are fishing the Burnham part of the comp then one crew member to sign in at Baiter and pay the

funnily enough I am now looking at Sunday and thinking I may well come down and fish the bream comp....................

OK it's going to be wet/miserable but SW3-4 is fine in the bay/patches/ledge - not so fine West though.

On the other hand the sea state is going to be generally sloppy from the next few days

someone somewhere obviously reads Dan's posts 'cos Metcheck is now giving Sunday nothing higher than 9mph throughout the 24hrs...............

OK it's raining sad.gif

And there will be a residual sloppy swell mad.gif

But it's neaps rolleyes.gif

Windguru is giving 18 knots southerly , 2.5 to 3 metre waves ( they always do get carried away with wave height ) and 9mm of rain over the 3 hours to 1 pm.

Grim. I can't see myself going out in that.

must me me but 35kph and 18 knots would seem to be quite similar.by my maths........

whatever it's firming up as pants for small boat fishing outside the harbours

toying with Saturday now but that's more desperation than in any real expectation of a nice day out!

Edited by duncan

Duncan

For once you have gained an "A Star". Your maths are spot on.

35kph is a smidge under 22mph which is a titchy smidge over 18kts.

Unles one is giving East and the other is giving West I would suggest both are very similar forecasts.

Edited by TomBettle

Don't be pedantic!. With Met Check giving 3MPH, I was only saying that there appears to be little consistency when the going gets tough. Whatever, it looks cr@p and a good time for catching up on admin. Or perhaps I'm just getting older and softer.

Terry B.

abject apologies Terry.....................a little joshing that has gone wrong.

Sort of inevitable when faced with such depressing weather - my hopes and aspirations for the wekend have gone from

Alderney trip

Bream Comp

Some fishing out West

Stay at home and sort out the TVs, ariels, Sky etc around the house for the FPO

mad.gif

Abject apologies all round. I wasn't being tetchy, just a little frustrated at having YET ANOTHER eagerly anticipated trip snatched away at the last minute. Surely to God things have got to improve!. I don't even mind getting a little damp occassionally for the benefit of the drought. Global warming seems to just mean wind, and lots of it. I've got a week fishing in Denmark with my Danish friends in July; I hope things calm down for that as I'm travelling over on the bike.

Terry B.