boat theft

Nipper

some little b@@stard tried to steel loyal royal last night from cobbs quay mad.gif . they ripped off the wheel clamp with a bar which they left and they tried to smash off the hitch lock but failed mad.gif i dont know how anybody can drive in to a boat yard hitch up boat and clear off with no one seeing anythink mad.gif this has happend on more then one occassion people have driven into the yard and drove off with a brand new boat so i have been informed . cobbs quay had a barrier fitted 6 months ago to prevent this happening but 95% of people in poole know the number.

mad.gif

mark b

Sorry to hear this Mark

Unfortunately people do drive into boatyards and hitch up boats - no one will think twice.

I was pleased to see the barrier in use over the weekend - I had to drop some spanners back late Saturday and parked outside to avoid the hassle. However if there was a camera anywhere it should be recording pasage through this point - and I don't think it does.

Glad you still have her

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear that the new boat has been attacked before you have even had her out fishing.

I am sure the staff at Cobbs are doing all they can to help.

Have you reported it to the Marine Police? they are always very interested in near misses when they occur.

Call me at work/mobile and I will give you the numbers and email addresses to use.

They also chase up any CCTV that may cover Cobbs at the time of the incident.

The bastards were obviously disturbed and fled, so at least you still have her.

Wheel Clamps are unfortunatly not much of a deterent. Which is why I take the toys off my boat.

Perhaps to much has been said about your new boat on the site, anyone can log in as a guest I think. ph34r.gif

Tight lines on Sunday

Charlie biggrin.gif

Guest upthecherries

We can, though, take a look at the IP addresses. This gives some indication of where the guest is coming in from.....

Oops I am a guest smile.gif

regards Paul

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about the goings on at cobbs,hope no damage to loyal,

only to your nervous system!!

Its well known at cobbs that boats get tamperd with, and are even removed and on the cross channel ferry with new I.D. and doc's B.4. they even know there missing so with yours being brand new, it could well have been a target.

Did you manage to get out and give the BEAST a blast?