Holiday

reg

Hi fellow boaters. Having e-mailed Martin Burt. he has recomended that I get in touch with fellow boaters on this website. We are from a NE club based at gateshead and are thinking of trailing 3-4 boats down for a weeks fishing weather permitting . We would probally come down last week in july first week in august. We are looking for B.B or Self catering for between 6-8 persons. adults and a safe place to keep the rigs at night. we would like to be based at poole but if this is not possable we are not botherd as to where we berth. Any information would be apprecated. tight lines

regards reg

Thanks Adam. for the quick reply. I must congratulate you on the clubs web site it is one of the best i have come across. I also understand from martin that some of your members might attempt skate fishing on the sound of mull so if any of your members need any information on this feel free to contact me as we take the boats up every year

regards Reg

Welcome to the site Reg and many thanks for the comments re: the web site.

You could try here :-

There is a hotel up the road from me which I heard ( from Coddy ) that they were planning a boat storage facility - it is not running yet ( as far as I am aware ) but they have plenty of space. ( Not sure on security but it is hardly a high crime area where they are smile.gif

The hotel is the East Close County Hotel - ideal for launching from Christchurch ( approx 2-3 miles away ).

East Close Hotel

Alternatively there is a holiday home park ( which does have self catering facilities ) and there is plenty of space for boats ( from what I have seen - it is only 1/2 mile from my house ) - Hoburne Holiday Park

John Manser is a no-go, I'm afraid. You put me on to him, Adam, and I contacted him. It appears he just has a large house and put the Burnham boys up as a one off favour. His wife recommended a caravan park that they used to use before they moved down permanently. Unfortunately, I didn't make a note of it, but i'm sure somebody will know of one.

IMO your best bet would be Rockley Park in Poole which has hundreds of the big static type mobile homes for rent, and a boat park and slipway.

http://www.primrosevalleycaravans.co.uk/rockley-park.htm

http://www.havenholidays.com/holidaysearch...nkid=/main.aspx

(scroll down to the Rockley Park page)

http://www.caravansrockleypark.co.uk/

and others.

Mad Mike

Hi reg

Welcome to the site

For a caravan park and boats, springs to mind is Rockley

If you have accomadation already let me make a couple of calls and I will see what I can find out.

As an alternative you can pay for a berth in the public marina in the centre of Poole for about

Rockley will be expensive - circa 700 a week for a van at that time and you will end up paying a fair bit for the yard and slip use (can't keep boats at vans).

If you have tents then book into the camp site just off the junction of the A350 with the A31 (something hill but I have forgotten it........or the one just along the 31 past the Swanage turn off) - both will permit boats by vans if you are 'sensitive' to others etc or arrange to store the boats at Cobbs Quay (for example).

Another alternative would ben to use Weymouth and try to book berths in the marina for the period.

I am afraid it's going to be expensive however you do it at that time - everyone with a trailer boat and family has the same idea!

Many pay a full years fees (boat or van) for a few weeks use at that time of year!!!!

many thanks for all your reply's. we are determend to come down to your part of the world. even if it is at a later date one alternitive date would be second week in september. having trawled through all your information we have contacted a few web site's and the price is a lot cheaper. again many thanks. Please when we come down don't all turn up at the pub at once as we will get no fishing done.

what can we expect to catch that time of year ???.

tight lines.

Reg

many thanks to all. we have got sorted out regarding somwhere to stay.

just waiting to hear back from a boat yard regarding a compound to leave boats overnight. and can I trouble you guy's again as to what paperwork do we need

for launching apart from Insurance ?? if any

reg

Hi Reg

Firstly welcome to our clubs home on the web, net or whatever you like to call it

As suspected our members have come up trumps with the advice.

To launch your boat within Poole Harbour your are required to have minimum 3rd party insurance although as Paul said I also have never been asked for proof however only a total numbskull would go to sea without that minimum cover.

Where have you found to stay? and what time of year?

Let us know the dates and times and we will provide you with marks etc and maybe get some boats out to accompany you

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin.

We all wish to thank you and your members for the input and advice we have recieved from them. We hope to come down on the 9th september and we will be staying at Rockley caravan site the price is not to bad for that time of year.We have been intouch with the owner and she says that it won't be a problem booking

We are waiting to hear back from the compound near there to give us a price on leaving the rig's there overnight. We have a club meeting in two weeks time to find out what numbers want to come down then we will book. It would be nice to meet you all. over a pint or two or three. Once again many thanks. meanwhile We will keep in touch

tight lines

regards. Reg

Hi Reg,

Gald to hear you have found somewhere, and look forward to seeing you chaps.

September is a great time of year (the best?) and you will be spoilt for choice!

As martin said let us know the details, numbers of people etc, a little nearer the time and we will get a few boats together to show you around / fish alongside.

Adam Franklin

PBSBAC Trailer Commadore

Well Chaps .We are ready to rock & roll. Caravans sorted . Parking also sorted thanks to fred.We have done it with many thanks to you all for your input and invaluable help. We are really looking forward to meeting you all and having a great week. It will be nice to have a few spieces to fish for as the north sea is not producing as good as it used to be Which is why we try to get up to the east coast of scotland for the tope/skate/wrasse/conger/and the best eating fish scotch haddock. again many thanks see you all in september

All the best

tight lines

Reg

I am sure you will have a great trip Reg

I am sure we will meet up when you are down - I have a van at Rockley and the boat's on the pontoons at the bottom of the hill!

Equally I am sure you won't still be a minnow basher by the time you arrive!

When you know how many are coming down let us know - you may even get a cheeky match challenge.

Hi Duncan. No problem to a match. we will buy the fish on the way down seeing as you have the advantage. up to now I think 6 are coming down. but there are some other lads who I have to contact who are not allways around when you want them. There is a slight chance I might be in bournmouth next month for a week

the end of the month with my better half so she tells me"" If so I will let you know and maybe we can meet up .what date is your club night on??

regards.

Reg