Baiter Sunday

Wedger

I'm out early (06.00) Sunday from Baiter (unless there's greater interest for Mudeford) to show a family friend my Wilson. It would be a waist not to fish a little as well. Currently I've taken to the notion that a live trout is as good as a live mackerel, particularly when the mackies are hard to come by. I'm going to take a few along so if anyone would like a few FOC to try let me know NOW! so I can bring enough along. I tried some last month. They last all day in full sea water, are as hardy as hec (same fish tried for three drops to 125 feet and would still out run a mackerel).

I know the tides are iffy unsure.gif but it's the only slot I have. All welcome BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW

My first trial close to a bass mark did this!!

ohmy.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

post-7-1126285803.jpg

If you think, what small fish (nice fish) are around early and late for the bass to eat????

In the spring the smolts get a bashing in April and May............... in the Autumn sprats get a rough ride. Both are quite similar in size and appearance to the trout.

Quite honestly, the bass are stuffing so hard this time of year, before they head off, they'ed take a well presented live bait if it's drops on its nose.

No small bait Duncan!

Interesting mark on the bass's scales.

Been had by larger fish at some stage ohmy.gif but well healed.

Fish RETURNED. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif