What gloves?

Graham Nash

I was out with Charlie and Brian at the weekend and wore my neoprene fishing gloves. I can only imagine they were faulty because my hands were freezing!

I think i noticed both Charlie and Brian had gloves that looked very similar to each other. 

If i intend fishing in this cold weather I think I need to invest in something different. What does everyone wear guys n gals? 

Jackie bought me some hand warmers for Xmas.

Charge from USB,   Last for Hours but not waterproof !

Keep them in your pocket.

I've not been fishing in ages but I remember long periods of doing nothing so plenty of time to warm your hands. 😪

There are loads of different types but these are mine:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lepwings-Rechargeable-Warmers-Electric-Activities/dp/B0CG98CH4D/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=SJEBWHXPBQV8&keywords=hand%2Bwarmers%2Brechargeable&qid=1705387020&sprefix=hand%2Bwarmer%2Caps%2C72&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Years ago lots of people seemed to use fingerless gloves. As it was always my fingers that were cold, I thought they were the worst idea ever.

Then I tried some and changed my mind.

The pair I had on Saturday were woolen, thinsulate lined ones and I was fine, even when they got wet. 

The main problem with them is that they do get wet with the bait and need washing ASAP after a trip.

I have never found a lined pair that are more waterproof. or tried some seaskinz.

The one's I had are nothing special, there from screwfix Site work gloves, I have a few pairs which I use round the garden as well, I like you can grip with them but not so thick you can't feel what your doing. kept my hand warm enough. I know you can get thermal one's but never tried.

Whatever you choose, if you can get hold of a pair of silk glove liners, they drastically change the game. I used to have RAF ones dating back to the days when they were flying unheated aircraft like Lancasters, absolutely brilliant. Personally, I like something like Buffalo Mittens which I always used in the mountains, water resistant rather than waterproof and I take them off to do anything technical. My other choice is waterproof Sealskinz, don't panic, not real seal skin! Not cheap but very good and they have 'sticky' fingers.

Hope this helps.

Terry.

I use insulated work gloves like from Screwfix / Toolstation they are cheap, durable and work well enough for me, I also use them in the garden. Wearing them while baiting up tends to make them stink so washing required after each trip if using bait.

They are so cheap you could try cutting off the fingers you want bare to see if they are still ok, in fact I think I'll try that!

Thanks everyone. 

I think Ill pop to screwfix and pick up some of those cheap work gloves for now and maybe get some sealskinz on order coz those neoprene ones were only any good when pulling the anchor rope in but they were far too cumbersome for actually doing anything more intricate than that.

Jackie bought me some Neoprene gloves with holes in the knuckles so you can pull the fingers out for fiddly stuff then stretch them back on again.

Been a long time since I went fishing but although not padded I think they were quite good.

No idea where they are at the moment though so can't show you.

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Jackie bought me some Neoprene gloves with holes in the knuckles so you can pull the fingers out for fiddly stuff then stretch them back on again.

Been a long time since I went fishing but although not padded I think they were quite good.

No idea where they are at the moment though so can't show you.

They sound like what I was using. Maybe mine were a Lidl or Aldi special, but they were not very good.