Routing new cables - Help

Pete

Greetings. Any help appreciated with this.

The 'conduit' under the floor of my Highfield 460, between the console and transom, is already busy with wiring. Now I need to get one more wire for a sonar transducer pulled through. Last time I was successful and used a long flexible plastic rod (for Roman Blinds) to do the job. I broke the rod attempting to pull through this last cable. Does anyone know where I can get some more of this curtain rod or is there something similar?

My first post here and open to suggestions. Ta, Pete (Wombat).

i found these recently, i havent tried them. but recent experience of having to crawl under my house to re-run sky cables makes me want to try!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/IRSCorp-Pulling-Galvanizing-Antislip-Flexible/dp/B09PR9LX85/ref=asc_df_B09PR9LX85/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=606463532860&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7539641418331427086&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006789&hvtargid=pla-1680299043511&psc=1

they semingly grip on like a chinese finger trap and flow through more easily, and dont pull off like tape.

40 minutes ago, Pete said:

These alternative options look promising. Thanks for the feedback folks. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it works out..

When you pull new cable through tie on an extra bit of cord or cable so that you have a draw through in case you need to get more through at a later date .

I run cables every day and have tried most things. By far the best Ive found is a strong spring called "spirado". Its about 6-8mm diameter and comes in 10-20 & 40 met lengths. It will get through anything and will twist round bends etc. If you need to borrow one you are welcome. 

2 hours ago, Graham Nash said:

I run cables every day and have tried most things. By far the best Ive found is a strong spring called "spirado". Its about 6-8mm diameter and comes in 10-20 & 40 met lengths. It will get through anything and will twist round bends etc. If you need to borrow one you are welcome. 

Hi Graham.

Thanks for the offer and yes, I would like to borrow one of those 'rods' you use. I'm not in Poole often, so if your still willing, I'll try and sort next time I come over from Swanage.

Ta,

Pete.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Hi Graham.

Thanks for the offer and yes, I would like to borrow one of those 'rods' you use. I'm not in Poole often, so if your still willing, I'll try and sort next time I come over from Swanage.

Ta,

Pete.

My number is 07710911921. I'm often in Swanage as my missus loves the place. I'd be happy to drop it to you next time if I have your number. 

• 1 month later...

No worries Pete,

I'm glad it helped.

I too have spent many hours trying to run cables in tight conduit until I found these little rods of magic 🙂 

I'll let you now when I'm next over your way, alternatively you can drop them in my box whenever you're passing. There's absolutely no rush as I have a few of them.