So you want to plan a trip

duncan

OK - off you go to this site that contains all the detail you could even need when looking for sea bed features etc etc

You simply click on the point you are interested in (to centre map) then zoom zoom zoom

http://mappe.c-marina.com/partners/ucina/portsearch.asp

Moving the cursor around will also give you the Lat and Long of the cursor in the boxes shown - enter them in your little GPS and bingo - that rock or bank will appear on your sounder as if by magic when you head on out.

Now how do you fish that raised bit on the end of the ledge at N50.41.11" W01.42.08"?

Enjoy

Nice one Duncan I like that. biggrin.gif

I expect that Adam will have even more fun planing trips now.

I am still waiting for my navionics Gold chart to arrive, and have yet to play with the mapcreate that came with the plotter.

email me about the part you needed and I will see what I can do.

I am getting better with the PC but my machine at home has slowed down a lot since you sent me that big email with the track on.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Adam

With your "I'm going to Alderney" hat on just look at the banks and features South of the Island, and the wrecks and deep water channels to the NW - you can spend days working out just how you would fish which bit with which tides!

Beware the use of seconds in the Lat Long - if your GPS works that way fine - otherwise beware.

Yes, this might be confusing some of you.

The conversion program is not for use with the map web page that Duncan gave us. As Duncan says, the Euro web map is not in OSGB36 format. OSGB36 is just used for Ordinance Survey maps of Great Britain (as far as I know).

So, the conversion program is used for converting your Ordinance Suyvey map references to the format used by our GPS's (WGS84).

I assume Pete asked about this because he wants to convert some really hot OS marks that he has. tongue.gif ...and which he is going to share with us at the meeting tonight. rolleyes.gif