Stormy Sandeel Supply

Jack the Lad

Hi there,

BAD NEWS

I've discovered the guy I was negotiating the supply/price for the sandeels with is very unreliable and I could not suggest we did any business with him.

GOOD NEWS

As Rich suggested I phoned Weymouth Angling and spoke to Richard there. He has agreed to sell to the club at the folowing price:-

Storm 6" sandeels, 10 in a pack, at

I'm out all day tomorrow - fishing biggrin.gif the bass are in wink.gif

So I'll collate the order at the weekend.

Not quite sure how to sort out monies etc. I could buy 'em all but then postage to Wales plus postage back to Poole a bit of silly increase in costs.

BillyBoy has kindly offered to collect and distribute etc. Has the club got funds to make the purchase and then collect payment etc.?? I'll PM Martin and see how he wants it organised.

I'm afraid being in Wales makes things a bit difficult, but I hope to move to Poole/Weymouth in 18mths. I think that's a bit of a long wait for your Stormies biggrin.gif

Cheers - Jack

Thanks for sorting out a good deal for us Jack. I will leave this thread running for a few more days to get orders in then arrange for collection.

Those that need items posting to them would obviously have to allow for postage in determining whether it is worth their while or not, others can pay cod at a club meeting

Cheers

Martin

Hi Billy

We are going to let it run for a day or two more to give everyone a chance to order then work out the quantities.

Would it be pos for you or Rich to collect the order for us?

Perhaps when Rich is making one of his flying visits he could land at mine enroute home to deliver them

The club will reimburse whoever picks up the kit but we do need a receipt for club records. If its easier I can forward a cheque prior to collection of the order.

Let me know the best way to play it

Cheers

Martin

tongue.gif Hi Martin, It will be no problem to arrange the pickup for you. Rich is down this way fairly often but I could also run them up if necessary. Payment will not be a problem as I can pay or get them on my account, then you can just pay the invoice on receipt. Regards, Billy

rolleyes.gif Could I have 2 x packs of shads please, Martin if you or anybody can't get hold of me its because i'm moving house and my internet connection will be down for a while as of Monday 20/06/05, I hope to catch up with you all at the next meeting,

tight lines to you lucky ones getting out !!

Kim mad.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Kam, if you keep your eyes peeled on storm prices, Weymouth Angling were offering a three for two offer, which beat our oringinal best offer, so it was prudent to buy sandeels at these prices. Some shops will say they pricematch, but Poindestres are notorious for saying, "Oh we cant match that!" So its best to keep your eyes on ads in mags etc, trying to entice anglers to bite!

Rich

PS I still have a few packs of storm lures, 5" and 4" shads at