Plane crash

sparky

A very sad sight indeed Mick. 

Carol and I had  left the Air Show early to pick our son up from work. We waved to Tony and Loraine on Serenity on the way out of the anchorage area. 

Unlike me, we ambled back taking our time as we would be too early for the 16.30 bridges. We had just passed the Shore Road mark when were saw the two Wing Walker Bi-planes pass us.

We looked at them for a couple of moments and then Carol commented that one was flying low. I thought it was going to do a Fly Pass by the Haven, instead to our horror we saw it just out of the sky round the corner of the Haven.

We did not see it crash but we were soon there and saw the Life boat attending to some persons by the Brownsea pick up point by the Haven.

The news since have reported that both the Pilot and the Female Wing Walker were safe and sound and had got away with minor injuries. Apparently, the plane had nose dived and flipped over. The two then popped up and were rescued by a passing Rib.

Eye witnesses saw the plane ditch just before the Chain Ferry on the harbour entrance side. This happened just in front of a guy fishing from the Rocks

Thankfully, both are alive but really upsetting to watch it go down.

Greg

Its a miracle they survived looking at the force of the impact and the state of the plane when it was recovered but the pilot did an amazing job of averting what could have been a tragedy in such a crowded area, as did the family who rescued them

20210905_174612.jpg