Latest Angling Trust News

Stuie

280xunlimited___logo__at.png  

Update for supporters

March 19th, 2021

All systems go from March 29th

640xunlimited___night_fishing.png

We were delighted to announce this week that we had received confirmation that all forms of angling including night fishing, charter boat angling and match fishing will be able to resume from March 29th under new Covid guidance for the return of outdoor sports and recreation in England.  This followed the Angling Trust's 'Fishing out of Lockdown' submission to the Cabinet Office in February and a series of "intense discussions" with Government officials on the contents of the new guidance. 

Angling Trust CEO Jamie Cook welcomed the news saying:

"We made it clear to the Government that recreational fishing has provided a valuable lifeline for many thousands of people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds throughout this pandemic. It has been conducted safely and responsibly with strong Covid secure guidelines in place covering every aspect of our sport. 

"I’m pleased that the multiple benefits that angling delivers have again been acknowledged and that we can all look forward to a return to the angling opportunities we were able to enjoy last summer and autumn.”

For information on Fishing in Wales please click HERE.

640xunlimited___read_the_statement_here.

The news has been welcomed by leading figures from carp, match and sea fishing who are encouraging all anglers to become members of the Angling Trust and give us the strong voice we need to keep fighting for fish and fishing.  If you are already a member, thank you for your support.  If you or your fishing friends have yet to join, please sign up today.

Remember - we are stronger together! 

640xunlimited___new_member_incentives_fe
640xunlimited___supporters_say.jpg
640xunlimited___fishing_out_of_lockdown_

The Angling Trust

We are a not for profit organisation, representing anglers, fighting for fish, fishing and the environment. We are recognised by the Government as the National Governing Body for angling in England and partner with Visit Wales and Natural Resources Wales to promote Fishing in Wales. We are a member-based organisation made up of anglers of all disciplines providing a united front to represent, grow and protect our sport. By becoming a member of the Angling Trust you are helping to protect the waterways you fish in and the fish which live within them, ensuring their health and protection for future generations.

Click here for more information about membership

Angling Trust Limited is a company limited by guarantee, company number 05320350

Angling Trust & Fish Legal, Eastwood House, Rainbow Street, Leominster, HR6 8DQ

Telephone: 01568 620447

The acid test is going to be if the police fine people for travelling "too far". The original article states "minimise travel outside of your local area".

For example, it might be ok to drive 5 miles to the boat after 29th, but is it ok to drive 25 or more?

I'm hoping to do a little shore fishing from 29th March, as my boat is 100 miles away, and it's reasonable to assume it's out of bounds. My dilemma is, I'm 8-10 miles from fishable beaches...will that be ok? Chesil is nearer 40 miles away, and feels risky.

The lack of clarity is deliberate, and frustrating.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:46 AM, Mike Fox said:

The acid test is going to be if the police fine people for travelling "too far". The original article states "minimise travel outside of your local area".

For example, it might be ok to drive 5 miles to the boat after 29th, but is it ok to drive 25 or more?

I'm hoping to do a little shore fishing from 29th March, as my boat is 100 miles away, and it's reasonable to assume it's out of bounds. My dilemma is, I'm 8-10 miles from fishable beaches...will that be ok? Chesil is nearer 40 miles away, and feels risky.

The lack of clarity is deliberate, and frustrating.

i agree, it is frustrating. It is the government leaving the rules as ambiguous.

All i can find is that from the 29th, the message changes from "stay at home" to "stay local"

If they dont want us to travel, just spell it out