Caravan insurance

Wedger

Dont know your name Wedger,     my advice  is try the N F U    I have a fleet of vheicles with them, read there claim reviews,                                                     i tow a seven metre trailer with my boat on behind a motorhome that costs  £300 per year.                                                                                          Hope this helps good luck,     

My mate in the Midlands is in the caravan club and I believe he insures with them.

He's been doing it about 15 - 20 years.

He goes all over and loves it out of season ( when the kids are in school ). The roads are quieter . . . everywhere is cheaper & quieter.

I think this was posted on here a while ago Trev but VERY interesting.

Jim

Wedger - as someone who had his £20k plus caravan stolen last year, I was with the Caravan and Motorhome Club, who whilst well diligent did pay out in full in the end. Make sure that you have receipts and photo's of everything, where you keep it what locks you have fitted including the keys - total nightmare

Mine had a hitch lock, wheel lock, tracker, motor mover was engaged kept in a secure compound - took 15mins to walk in and take it, real pro's huge business. Police managed to call me back 14 days after i reported it stolen only to advise to claim on the insurance

good luck great fun

On 8/25/2019 at 9:49 AM, Tiddler said:

My mate in the Midlands is in the caravan club and I believe he insures with them.

He goes all over and loves it out of season ( when the kids are in school ). The roads are quieter . . . everywhere is cheaper & quieter.

Jim

Hi Jim, yes seen this one. A very good illustration of what happens when any trailer is poorly loaded - correct nose weight is crucial.

Jim
I know the wheels are more central that our boat trailers (axel further back is more stable), but we don't half have a big weight hanging out the back.

Food for thought and I keep my anchor and chain well up the bow and any heaving bags etc over the wheels.

R

• 1 month later...