Club Members at Cobbs.

Leicester Fisheagle

Noticed signs saying Blanford Road southbound closed from 2nd of January until the 13th. of January near Turlin Moor.

Also, road works on the dual carriage way coming out of Poole on the Holes Bay Road somewhere between the Lifeboats and the Fire Station roundabout. Think it said 10 or 13 weeks. Will check next time along there.

Allan.

Blandford Road Southbound from Borough Boundary (Near end Sandy Lane) to Inglesham Way. 2nd Jan to 13th Jan

Holes Bay Road at the Sterte Avenue West Junction. 2nd Jan to 2nd March.

A35, Upton By-Pass 14th Jan to 18th April.

The council appear to go for maximum disruption.

I believe the council were awarded some dosh by the government.

They must use it within a time frame or loose it.

They already knew these roads needed work but couldn't do the work without without funds and then when they got funds had no time to phase it to cause the least disruption.

Sounds as though I'm singing their praises!

No I'm not.

Does seem a daft system though. :confused:

I suppose we'll be able to watch the " fag rolling competition " as we drive through.

Or the " shovel leaning "

Or the " fag rolling whilst leaning on a shovel " :smileys-fish-465204:

Jim

9 hours ago, Maverick said:

When I use to do local authority works the monies had to be allocated against projects but not necessarily spent, don't know if their procurement procedures are the same now.

They have to have an invoice before 31.3.2018 or else the monies have to spent from next years money. Same as in the NHS. The only morning is that on 1.4.2018 a full budget will magically appear

16 hours ago, fisherman1055 said:

They have to have an invoice before 31.3.2018 or else the monies have to spent from next years money. Same as in the NHS. The only morning is that on 1.4.2018 a full budget will magically appear

In the MoD, you'd be surprised how many empty boxes were paid for before 31st March, with the goods arriving a couple of months later.