JV Ventures West - again!

Rob

So 3 weeks ago Adam had a non-boat angler friend he wanted to take out and we went west to St Aldhelms and Kimmeridge.

We had a good fun day with some rays and bts and pieces. Also, did some drifting and lures chucking over the Kimmeridge ledges. Need some big cahoonas doing that in JV and 10ft water that drops to under 4 quickly in gin clear water!

Anyway, result was 1 bass and a plan to be back!

Saturday just gone - a similar plan was hatched.

We headed west to try St Aldhelms ledge for bass, Ad had one quick off the mark and i missed a boat load! even brought one following my lure to the boat! Ad had a load of Wrasse, how we laughed!

So off to anchor for thornies, LSD etc but no tope showed.

Then, once the tide built it was off to the ledges. On arrival I was deployed in the stealth bass hunter (tender with 2.5hp) and off i went in to the shallows whilst the mother ship stood of in slightly deeper water plugging away.

Anyway - the inflatable delivered and no sooner had i started my troll in the preferred location and directing then "bang" bass on! great scrap, i drifted on to some breaking waves on the super shallows but survived, without even getting out to walk.

Unfortunatley, T\T JV developed a fuel leak and was playing hard to start, so that was the end of that. But, we had proved the method (and found the right lure).

I am sure we will be back.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Well, JVs tender motor is now sorted. Couple of new gaskets, anode and fuel filter. Plus cracked handle repair.

Started within a couple of pulls after assembly. Tonight is have set the tickover and run it up for 40 mins.

It now starts with a single pull as i would expect it to.

Quick repair to the inside of the cowling and all is good to return it to its owner.

The colour of the fuel filter suggests it hadn't been changed from the "service" it had.

The amount of crud taken from the fuel tank was caught in my red Coleman fuel filter.

Photo of the handle and cowling repair.

033fb5de90cb8b758018d8dd3320303d.jpg

8e5277a802f7c054db59863e1660f5eb.jpg

e3764492a6bcc633da9b91ba80d3cf63.jpg

fd699dc74b862737ed9f6e084b1c2e06.jpg