The Light bulb change........(Easy)

gjb

Would have loved to do that one.

Nothing in the film that I can't do !

( From a filming perspective of course )

My best mate came down from the midlands last weekend and in all the years we'd been mates I never knew he was so bad with heights.

I am really bad with heights but he's much worse.

I almost felt brave as we looked over railings into the depths at Corfe Castle !  :)  :lol:

Jim

Perhaps some better footware and some bicycle clips!! Wouldn't want to get your turn-ups hooked on a bolt head.  :huh:

Family mate did this for years and said it's a young man's game.

Gave it up when he had kids for all the right reasons.

We've seen some proper hairy photos :wacko:

Many moons ago I used to work with  a guy that used to maintain mast head tv equipment .

He told me that his company sent him out to Norway to fix some equipment at the top of a tv Transmitter mast.

Sting in the tail was that the mast was on top of a 6000ft high mountain.

He was out there for 3 weeks waiting for a break in the weather in order to have a sufficient 3 day window to carry out the work..

Towards the end of the 3 week period and under pressure from his company to get the job done he decided to risk it as the weather had abated considerably.

I dont remember exactly how long he said it took him to climb the mast but it was quite a few hours and when he got to the equipment platform and started work the weather got worse and the wind started increasing.

Cutting a long story short he was clipped onto  the mast platform for 48hrs which was swinging over  20ft in the wind and was unable to make the climb down.

Another lull in the weather eventually allowed him to risk the climb back down . He hadn't been able to fix the fault and resigned as soon as he got back to the hotel and went and joined the Army.

Needless to say he never went near another mast again. :(