A great day to be out.

The weather window held and Dave and myself headed to a deep water mark for some late season bream. Fish were plentiful and averaged between two and two and a half pounds. We had hoped for a few larger ones, but it didn't happen. Two keepers kept and all others returned, so a good start.

Then a few miles nearer to Poole. Dave had said he wanted to catch a small eye for his person species tally. The fish soon obliged with one each.

A few mackeral had shown at both marks with the odd full string. Some reasonable fish, but lots of small ones. Having got Dave's rays, it was now my turn with a couple of new species for the boat. Namely, a grey gurnard and a humble dab. I hope the distinctive black spot on the first dorsal fin of the grey gurnard shows in the photo.

A solitary plaice, a garfish, some small bream and lots of dogs until the pack tope arrived and the fishing died. A few drifts on the way home produced several undersized bass and some sizeable plaice for both of us with two being kept. A few wrasse, gobies and other bits and bobs while waiting for the bridges gave us16 species on day which was not intended as a species hunt.

The weather window held and Dave and myself headed to a deep water mark for some late season bream. Fish were plentiful and averaged between two and two and a half pounds. We had hoped for a few larger ones, but it didn't happen. Two keepers kept and all others returned, so a good start.

Then a few miles nearer to Poole. Dave had said he wanted to catch a small eye for his person species tally. The fish soon obliged with one each.

A few mackeral had shown at both marks with the odd full string. Some reasonable fish, but lots of small ones. Having got Dave's rays, it was now my turn with a couple of new species for the boat. Namely, a grey gurnard and a humble dab. I hope the distinctive black spot on the first dorsal fin of the grey gurnard shows in the photo.

A solitary plaice, a garfish, some small bream and lots of dogs until the pack tope arrived and the fishing died. A few drifts on the way home produced several undersized bass and some sizeable plaice for both of us with two being kept. A few wrasse, gobies and other bits and bobs while waiting for the bridges gave us16 species on day which was not intended as a species hunt.

post-403-0-55433000-1467614581_thumb.jpg

post-403-0-57011200-1467614588_thumb.jpg