A day in our preferred office.......wrecking

niggle

A Monday plan was hatched with Chris and I to go wrecking.....not because of tides but because the weather would be ideal.So 6.30 on kingfisher and off we went discussing several options but agreed going west was the best bet.We tried a couple of wrecks about 5 miles or so before our target wreck which produced straight away and all fish were of a good size about 6 to 8lb apart from 2 .The fish hit really hard so hard we often thought it was snagged in the wrecks until they nodded their heads and in fantastic condition,we both lost some very big fish that either went in the wrecks or the hooks pulled.

We wandered off and tried several more wrecks with the action slower as the day progressed but kept throwing up the odd one.At this stage I think we lost more end tackle than fish landed but that's wrecking,the weather was brilliant with smooth seas.

We had 11 keepers and a brilliant early wrecking trip with us both tired after a 12 hour stint,I didn't take any photos of the fish but here's a few of the conditions we had to endure.

A good day to be out and cheers Nigel for the company.

I have taken some video of us wrecking, or should I say increasing the size of wrecks if it comes out ok I will try to attach at some point!! No promises!

The boat got up to 18.5 knots on the way back as it was so light with the tackle left behind on the wrecks!

Got to be in amongst them to find the fish at times! ;). Another night pirk making coming up!

If I did not know you I would feel resentful and badly done to

However I understand that Purbeck Marine should be refitting my refurbed ( expensive ) turbo

And I will be able to get out again

Neal will cul the 2feet of weed on my tabs so I can catch fish again

Tony