Kingfishers first trip of the year.

Kingfisher 126

Left Cobbs just after 7am this morning with Mal with a plan to go for some spur dogs and Ray's on the banks. If the weather turns we would fish our way back in.

Lots of different bait as Mal wanted to clear out his bait freezer, and I have got a box of fresh Scottish mackerel.

Anchor down, rods in and kettle on, not even boiled and a rod going well turned out to be a pollock around 5lbs in lovely condition.

Next Mal has a fish on, a nice blonde around 11lb on scales. Kettle whistling so not a bad start before a cuppa!

Then Mal hooks something bigger and as always his favourite the conger!! 👌 Didn't bring it in but thumped the scales past the 25kg mark and onto the stops still with 18" of tail still in the water, what a fish!

There was a steady run of fish then I caught a spur dog.😊

Mal had a couple on big bullhuss holding the bait right to the back of the boat the letting go as soon as they were getting close enough to deal with.😩

Time for the sausage baguettes , cooked and served and as always a rod goes, this one went like stink!!

The only way I could gain on it was to walk up and down the deck and holding the spoil or it just took line.

Mal then had the same thing so we looked like we were doing a workout together!😰

Mal got in a conger around 25lb and dealt with it while I was still p,Ing about. Got it in only to be a blonde tail wrapped and able to swim and use the tide.

You get a big Ray caught like that and you may have your Poole Bay Monster, it was able to take line as it pleased, I thought my rod would snap.

As the tide made so did the wind so we up anchored and headed in closer out of the tide.

Fish from the start of course the doggies and plenty of whiting, we fished with 1 rod each in the end as they were hitting as soon as the bait hit the ground.

Mal put cuttle on as bait and he caught around 20 whiting on the same piece of bait.

We must of had over 100 whiting and doggies.

Wind gathered pace and we headed in at 4 cooking a chilli but not able to dish up until in the safety of the harbour.

Boat washed down and fish gutted left us just with enough energy to enjoy a pint!!🍻

Cheers Mal great company as always but must try harder on the bullhuss!!

So tired last night after a full work out on the boat, cancelled gym membership and plan to go fishing more to catch big conger and rays.

Shame we didnt have a spare hand to video Chris and I doing the hokey cokey walking up and down the boat in unison.

Great day.

Cheers Chris.