Very late call for trip out!

Kingfisher 126

Just had my crew drop out through illness so have a space for general fishing, cod, rays etc.

Very late call but if someone wants to join me pm me looking at leaving around 7am, you have an extra hour so not too bad!,!! ;)

If not a billy no mate day for me!!! :( but will still go!! :)

I left Cobbs and headed out to give a try for a cod a go on the outside of the ledge I,ve had some luck with before.

Had a txt from Roger saying he was gutted he had missed my post as he had been let down by his crew.

Told him I could pick him up from Bournemouth pier on the way past but he had sacrificed himself to shopping to get brownie points!!

Anchor down and big baits down and whitting rig as always to see what was about.

First fish a huge scad, then a steady run of small pout and poor cod.

Live bait rod deployed, rude not to!! ;)

Big bait rod nodding and thinking game on, this is only ten minutes from lines in what a start.

Not that lucky a conger at 25lb first of the year so one for my species. Forget how big the eels are flapping around the deck but as it was my first this year wanted to weigh it.

Had a couple of hours where the smaller rods were producing smaller fish, pout, lsd, bullhuss, poor cod, scad. Live bait rod had a run thinking was it going to be a bass as I've had a 11lb 10oz from this mark, but no a bullhuss with attitude for the size.

As the tide started to drop so did the fishing completely so decided to head west a bit nearer home.

Kev and Jacob fishing a little way to the south had decided to move further inshore.

New spot more tide but fishing slow with only a few bits on smaller baits.

Another move over a few hundred feet to gully and kettle on and a phone call from Fred for an update how slow the carpark was fishing. Then big bait rod goes and Fred wants a commentary of whats happening as its the highlight of their day.

This is where multi tasking while fishing solo goes wrong, 10 turns in, 15 turns back out, phone jammed under one of my chins and the kettle whistling its head off!!

Can hear Fred and Dogfish taking the piss as they can hear kettle and line going so phone off to get a grip of whats going on.

A conger again, tangled around another line aswell, get it along side and try to untangle the mess, while the conger is having a fit in the mayhem the rod snaps, does a roll and bites through the trace and goes.

I grab the other rod and let some line out while I feel the eel going in the tide.

It unwrapped itself as I reeled in, line slimed up but it tack.

Managed a blonde ray of 14lb before moving inshore.

Dropped anchor near Kev for final fish and fish from the off, spotted ray and bullhuss on the same whiting rig to start!!

A run of rays, doggies and big pout as the tide picked up, at 4 it was time to go as the boat was a mess so would need some tlc.

Kev was drifting in the harbour and stopped for a chat along side so put a set of small feathers on and bang a herring, a bonus species!! :) I also had a decent edible crab earlier in the day so passed the crab and herring to Kev to go with a couple of other fish he had.

Luckily had enough energy for a pint after cleaning down which ended a real bonus day weather wise for the time of year. :)

That was a beautiful day for a dangle, but a day of two halves. A quick call to Chris as we came through the chain link to see what was going down.

A reply there was fish being caught so over to keep him company, hook in and pout city every drop pout pout and more pout.

Decided to have a crack at a small eyed so hook down and bang all four rods going at ones 3 out the four were starry smooths a foot long and inch round little with a big bit, any way the bites never stopped Ray after Ray and more Ray's

frisky drifted along side us showing his big squid, he anchored next to us and was into Ray's from the off.

Gave Chris a ring to get in here and he was into the mix straight away, it made a poor morning into a fantastic afternoon session

You don't get many flat seas like that this time of the year we ended up 10lb blonde to me Jacob spotted just over 3 lb small eyed around 8 lbs and undulates upto 9 lb

Thanks Chris for the crab and rich for the pollack they made a nice meal

Roll on the next trip Kev and Jacob

Well done guys on getting out

I nearly finished fitting my new Raymarine Dragonfly

Had to unfit the previous fish finder, having spent an hour releasing the transducer cable discovered transducer under water bag, never seen this before. Spent the next hour releasing the Garmin transducer and removing the wiring.

Now have Garmin colour fish finder for sale.

There is still a through hull transducer with wiring to the helm, just in case, did not know there were 3 transducers!

Having fitted the Raymarine unit in the helm, cable from transducer 2 feet too short. Extension cable, 10m , is £30, Force4 managed to get one in today. Hopefully can get unit going at weekend.

If so will be getting out to patch for fish.

Tony

PS is Jacob Australian now?