Junior Fishing Competition 2015 Rules/ Layout

Sam

Morning All,

I have now put together the rules and layout for the competition and I hope most will agree that this is an improved version of last year,

if you can all please have a look at the attached and add to the spreadsheet of who's boat you will be fishing on for each leg,

can I ask that people who have offered there boats indicate how many they are willing to take so we can get the kids fishing with different groups to add some variety to it,

the ultimate goal for this competition is to gain a group of 20 plus children who all want to go fishing and not sit at home, easily achieved if they all know each other and not stick with one or two they already know,

if anyone is willing to donate prizes that would be a great help, I was overwhelmed with the generosity of this club last year and hoping it will continue with this competition,

if anyone has any issues with the format or is struggling to find a boat for the day, let me know

last thing, last year we held the BBQ at my house (cue the pyrotechnic jokes from Charlie and kev) however this year I have moved further afield to bovington, I am happy to run the BBQ again however I appreciate it is further afield, can I have opinions if people are happy with this location or can suggest other locations in Poole

regards,

Sam.

right failing miserably as usual with uploading to this website,

watch this space                                                                                                                                                                                              

Junior Fishing Competition 2015                                                

Rules                              

Three hooks over a maximum of two rods, Pennel rig counts as one hook                        

All fish to be weighed onboard and returned                        

All Fish to be reported by end of the day to myself or on the website, fish not recorded on the day will not count                 

fishing start time 0900                              

fishing end time 1500                              

commodore rules will apply, all boats to be within one mile of the commodore boat (alfresco)                    

decision on weather will be decided by myself, if a competition is cancelled it will not be rescheduled due to 3 competitions this year

Prizes                              

prizes/trophys will be awarded as follows:                          

1st, 2nd and 3rd for best specimen over the 3 competitions                         

largest fish on the day for each competition- 3 prizes in total                         

highest number of species on the day for each competition 3 prizes in total                         

Best Girl over the three competitions                                                             

total of 10 prizes to be won, one prize per entrant, prizes will roll over to 2nd place if already awarded a prize (only applys to 1st, 2nd and 3rd and best girl), all children will receive a prize for entering  prizes will be awarded after the last competition at the BBQ

Cant seem to get the attached file to upload for some reason so will have to do it this way and put on the spreadsheet later,

so far we have 19 entrants which is great, if you can add your boats and names to the 3 catagories I will look update my spreadsheet and make sure no one gets missed

19th July

Alfresco- Jayden Wald, Sam and Dom Annear 

9th August

Alfresco-  Jayden Wald, Emma and Amy Simpson

6th September

Alfresco- Jayden Wald, Jacob Givans, Jack Allen

Hi Sam

Well executed as usual Sam well done.

May I suggest you list the prizes and quantities you require for donation. That way we can put our names by the side of each prize. This will save duplication and having too many of one type of prize and will hopefully encourage members to

donate.

Regards,

Greg

19th July

Marlin - Bradley Toms

9th August

Alfresco- Jayden Wald, Emma and Amy Simpson

6th September

Marlin - Bradley Toms

Morning Greg,

yeah not a bad idea, below is a list of prizes that I would like donations for, if anyone feels we should supply a different prize please let me know

1st place best specimen: rod and reel combo, PBSBAC 

2nd place best specimen: rod and maybe tackle voucher

3rd place best specimen: fixed spool reel

Best Girl over the 3 competitions: rod and reel combo

largest fish 19th July: small tackle selection and voucher

largest fish 9th august: small tackle selection and voucher

largest fish 6th September:small tackle selection and voucher

all three of the largest fish prizes need to be of the same value, I would suggest around £30.00

highest number of species 19th July:

highest number of species 9th august:

highest number of species 6th September:

open to suggestions for this category to keep some variety, however same as above need to be same value of around £30.00

HATS AND TROPHYS: TO BE ORGANISED BY PBSBAC

if anyone is kind enough to donate prizes can you please put your names next to the prize, if we have extra prizes donated like last year I will bulk up each category

regards,

sam

1st place best specimen: rod and reel combo, PBSBAC 

2nd place best specimen: rod and maybe tackle voucher

3rd place best specimen: fixed spool reel

Best Girl over the 3 competitions: rod and reel combo

largest fish 19th July: small tackle selection and voucher ; donated by Neolimn Photography & Design (Ian Simpson)

largest fish 9th august: small tackle selection and voucher

all three of the largest fish prizes need to be of the same value, I would suggest around £30.00

open to suggestions for this category to keep some variety, however same as above need to be same value of around £30.00

HATS AND TROPHYS: TO BE ORGANISED BY PBSBAC

2nd place best specimen: rod and maybe tackle voucher - Greg Toms

3rd place best specimen: fixed spool reel

largest fish 19th July: small tackle selection and voucher ; donated by Neolimn Photography & Design (Ian Simpson)

19th July

Marlin - Bradley Toms

MegaByte - Thomas Boyle, Tamzin and Kate Osborne

9th August

MegaByte - Thomas Boyle,

6th September

Marlin - Bradley Toms

thanks allan, very generous again this year

If anyone is willing to put something together alongside allan we have the 3 highest number of fish sorted

2nd place best specimen: rod and maybe tackle voucher - Greg Toms

3rd place best specimen: £30 tackle voucher- Mal Thomas

highest number of species 19th July:£10 voucher, Allan

highest number of species 9th august:£10 voucher Allan

highest number of species 6th September: £10 voucher Allan

•  

Hi Sam,

I am not sure if you are aware there is a BBQ area at Cobbs that can be privately booked at no cost for berth holders.

An enquiry has been made and I was given the green light if you want to use it for the Kids Comp. (There may be other openings there too).

The area will be clean and tidy with plenty of seating etc so it may help out.

Just a thought.

Chris

Hi Chris,

that would be perfect I reckon, I think bovington is too far for most people to travel afterwards,

lets go for it on the 6th September

do I need to contact anyone to confirm the booking, whats the setup in regards to the bbq itself?

sam

Guys,

can we carry on with the list of who is fishing with who for the 3 dates, only half of the spreadsheet filled in so far, want to get this finalised before the next meeting

regards,

sam

big thanks to Chris, just been and had a look at the bbq area at cobbs quay,

looks perfect for the competition and is now booked,

I have volunteers of Eileen and mum to help with the setup/prep whilst we are fishing, if anyone else is willing to volunteer to help that would be great

regards,

sam

• 2 months later...

afternoon all as we are now fast approaching the first junior comp I need to finalise who is fishing with who

currently I only have 5 juniors confirmed for all 3 competitions, this is less than last year and less than half of the juniors who showed an interest in this competition.

please can you indicate who you will be fishing with and on what competition, we need the interest to increase in this competition to make it worthwhile, a lot of effort has gone in for the children and I need your support .

19th July

Marlin - Bradley Toms

9th August

MegaByte - Thomas Boyle,

6th September

6th September

Marlin - Bradley Toms