Flounder Comp.

alun j.

Latest ever entry for a Flounder Comp Award goes to....

1) Court Jester Neal + crew TBA
2) yelo Jacob, Kev, Dave Evans
3) Libby.. Martin c + crew TBA
4) Warren Rich + Alun
5) lofty - kayak
6) Kingfisher - Chris, Lester Mc Carthy.
7) Marichelle- Mick + James

8) Frisky Fox - Mike and George

....subject to anyone still having some worms for sale!

Mike

What no worms in the whole of Poole :( (Castaways Hamworthy closed today, Poole Sea Angling Centre sold out, Wessex sold out)

Eventually found some at Castaways Parkstone, but by then George had started coughing again. Let's see if another day of recovery works, and we might try again tomorrow.

Sorry folks, but not possible for us to join in this year.

Mike

Decided to travel down for comp Sunday evening as heavy frost was forecasted,when we arrived at boat she was well frosted up

Plugged in a small heater it helped a bit so the warmest place had to be the bed yep it was

Up at six to get kettle on gas near frozen , plus the windows iced up inside and out

Got the engine going first turn of key cleaned windows of, then went got Dave cup of tea and porridge waiting for Dave and Jacob,then the long trip to secret mark

Lines over and the good long wait that's flounder fishing for you, then lucky Dave struck into one only small but a start then he got another and another then Jacob gets one, me none

Then Dave says I better check my bait, O there's something on here only a 4lb 2 oz I don't no ,but what a beauty

Well I may have blanked but it was a glorious day to be out, and I still picked up xmas pud for no fish prize thanks Tony and club

Well done to Dave for winning the Bob Horne comp with a beauty of a fish. Well done Jacob for coming second with 2 lb 10 oz

Well done to all that fished weighing in or not to brave the cold day. And 2 lovely big hampers Alun put together

I must think about having a heater installed

Kev And Jacob