Poole Flounder Meet 2014

lofty

With bad weather forecast we were down on number this year, with only 29 brave souls taking to the water.

305A7E6C-1791-454B-A390-268A5D47A8FA.jpg After the safety brief we launched into a constant 20+ mph

0F94E198-47CB-4887-ADBB-6B2DA90F6365.jpg

I headed straight for a mark that served me well a week before

It was crap. I flounder that I knew would be too small and straight back it went.

Horrible squalls occasionally pushed through so I decided to not have a move but to feed the crabs from this one spot.

3 hours later and most people had had enough. Steve "maver" was fishing next to me and he must have read my mind as he was first to pull the hook.

There were lots caught but seemed to be very area specific. If you were on them you were on them.

A very fast paddle back with the wind and tide doing the work

1E1D397E-66F8-40F0-9BA2-D824ACD77AA6.jpg

I watched all of these swim away strong

EF0B5681-7ADF-44F0-8C9D-C587BFAC604E.jpg

The weigh in saw a clear winner just shy of 2 lb.

Martin Collison ( paddle) was the winner, with Pbsbacs Paul Fennel from HOW sharing the funds raised with Poole Rnli .

A great last meet of 2014 and looking forward to seeing my mates again soon

E667BF33-A498-4CE1-A3A4-09865051EEE6.jpg

Well done all, as usual ( ,,,,!!!!!,,,) I was due to launch the boat from Baiter for the canceled boat competition .

Sunday morning looked stunning if a little windy, truth is simply I was sooo knackered from work on the Saturday.

Out with the beach gear we decided to watch you efforts from the shore ( bottom of the fishermans steps ) .

Tent up, kettle on, best rigs and bait in action resulted in one Flounder just over the pound for my mate Nutty.

Me ???? Sat down in the warmest floatation suit ever made ( Sunridge) and fell fast asleep !

Still enjoyed watching you lot out for a while !