Looking at buying a small rib

Retrowagon

Looking for some advice.

Looking at buying a small rib 2 meters to 2.7 meters max for my three kids for Xmas.

This is after having lots of fun in bramble bush bay during the school holidays. It must have oars and be in excellent condition if secondhand or I'm looking at buying one new, but have no ideas on makes or good ones compared to bad ones?? The only names I know are avon, zodiac, or quicksilver.

So can anyone point me in the right direction or have you seen a good deal on one ??

I have a wetline 260 eco you can have for £150 Excellent condition hardly used but has a few usage marks happy to let you view and decide.

Not been inflated this year but it had no leaks last year.

Only selling as i got a slightly bigger one to suit my 6hp outboard.

Mick

A Zodiac of 2.700M long will set you back about £1200.  They are expensive. I am not sure about Quicksilvers.

I bought a new Seago 2.600M about four years ago for £240.00. I threw it away last week as the bindings kept coming unstuck, the back transom plate deteriorated and so on. And it always kept deflating

You really get what you pay for and I don't need to talk to you about safety especially when kids are involved.  I have just invested in a new Honwave 2.700M. This has an inflatable keel which gives the inflatable much better steerage under power or rowing and it can take up to 8hp outboard. It cost me £790.00. It is has a two year warrantee and guess what, it does not deflate.

I am very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone. If you want to have a look at one they are on show at the Golden Arrowhead Inflatables next to Dee Way on the West Quay Road in Poole.

It would give you an idea if nothing else.

Hope this helps,

Greg