jayvee

Hi, 

I am a new member who has fished quite a bit in boats out of Plymouth for several years but since I moving back up here I have 

got my own little boat, a Seahog Samurai.

I think I will be launching primarily out of Weymouth as the slip is good to go if I am out on my own.

This time  of year is very busy for me with no time for fishing ( I chase pheasants for a living ) but as the seasons change I 

hope to get out more. 

Tight Lines

jayvee

Hi John

Glad you/we managed to sort out your logging on issues.  Welcome to our club which probably has the most helpful group of guys known to man.  Anything you need to know just ask.  The skill set on here is superb with advice (mostly) freely given.

I look forward to reading your posts and reports

Thanks for the offer,, and would be very happy to take you up on it but I am a  bit too busy at the minute. I live barely one mile from

the sea but can`t find the time to get the boat wet, I need to sort out my priorities.

Sounds like you're very experienced.

My boat's just a garden ornament. :(

Seems that having the boat but no time to use it is quite normal. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi there, I have recently become a member.

Background to me is that I grew up in Kent and used to beach fish at Sandwich Bay.

I felt a vocation to be ordained and this happened at Canterbury Cathedral in 1982. Before that worked on a container ship around the world...Took my steering ticket..crossing the line etc. Lived in Australia, Bermuda, USA.

In my first parish, Deal, Kent, I drove 2 mercy mission trips to Poland, when the 'Iron Curtain' existed.

I just love fishing and am NOT an angler who is competitive. All I want to do is fish...catching any fish is a bonus!! 

I do not own a boat but am always prepared to crew and contribute towards costs.

I went to my first meeting recently. The report about the Surf Reef was so greatly appreciated.

WOW what a great club you have and web site. 

My privilege is to now be a member....although very nervous when I had to introduce myself...Thanks members for not 'Booing'.

Always prepared to learn and I kindly ask your patience as I have only been boat fishing the past 4 and a half years.

Revd Chris

Hi Vic   :ph34r:  and welcome to (what we think is) the best small boat A/C on the south coast. God willing you will fit in just fine.........well someone had to say it and it just as well be me as I do have one extra large foot :)  

Now the banter is out of the way and in all seriousness muck in make a nuisance of yourself and you WILL fit in just fine  B) 

Welcome to the club

You did well introducing your self

Use the forum and look for rides

you will learn a lot from members and may be able to teach us a thing or too

you are welcome on my boat as I need all the help I can get to tempt the little devils

Tony