2014 junior competition, rules/set up

Sam

Hi guys.

Weather looks good for Sunday. So competition is on.

Fishing 9 till 1, one rod max 3 hooks.

All fish and photos to be put on this post

and will work it out from there.

Fishing area will be swanage bay. Plenty of variety. And should hopefully be nice and calm.

The more fish and photos we can get the better

See you on the water.

Sam

How comes we have gone for the one rod, 3 hookes rule?

Why aren't we fishing normal club rules? As Reub is a real beginner we will be fishing at anchor, so one rule 3 hooks is a bit pointless?

Looking forward to it anyway, as is Reuben!

First off - well done to Sam for organising this, having something for the juniors is well overdue....

... And what a great day we had! I didn't think Reuben would have more attention span than a few hours but he didn't want to go home at 12, but we had to go to a family BBQ.

Reub informed me last night that he wanted to target Stingrays and Whale Sharks!

Anyway he loved catching the fat mackerel which were thick in Swanage Bay, then we tried for a Ray, which he found boring after 10 mins! Anyway on this mark the ray often take an hour or so to come on the feed, an today was no different with a small 3lb Small Eye which made his day... Only to be followed up by a bigger 5lb 8oz fish just as we packed up.

Great memories for us both.

y5ysy8aq.jpguveteqe9.jpghadabahy.jpgura4aqur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for organising the comp Sam.

We were a little late out but soon found the mackerel which were out in abundance.  Both Macey and Daniel had numerous mackies so kept them both happy.  Largest on our boat was 13.5oz to Dan.  Macey had a baby small eyed ray of 2lb 4oz which was promptly photographed then put back. Unfortunately macey started feeling a little worse for wear around 12 so gave plan b a miss and came in early doors.

gallery_3_37_240947.jpg

Hi guys

Thanks for the pictures and looks like everyone enjoyed.

Apologies Adam didn't see your post from Friday. The reason 3 hooks one rod was introduced was to try and keep the kids focus on one rod and not several. Jay den is a novice as only been twice proper fishing and this idea worked well last time I took him. The other reason was this kept 3 hook feathers in the competition. Which looked like all the children enjoyed catching mackerel.

Anyway if I run this comp again next year, which is more than likely, already gained a few tweaks to the rules from today.

It was a slow day on reel magic today. Plenty of mackerel caught by both Jacob and Jay den. Followed by fun on the bream and a bonus smooth hound to Jacob.

Both boys are already keen for the next one in august. And a big thanks to Dave for the use of reel magic. She is a beauty Dave.

I will put the leader board up in the morning, looking forward to the next one already.

Now got to earn the brownie points so Eileen will set the barbie up whilst we fish, wish me luck.

Once again thanks for everyone who fished. I hope this is something that will grow and keep the children keen in something we all love.

Photos will follow when I can work out how to get them from my phone

Cheers

Sam

Well what a lovely day at sea, shame the fish didn't think so it was tough going for the juniors yesterday.

The good thing was they all caught something not the biggest but fish, reel magic preformed well shame about the skipper ha ha

Even the adult kids had a few fish and a good laugh, we should do these things more often having a relaxing day.

Thanks to Dave for putting up with us also Charlie and Sam and of course the two boys Jacob and Jayden

We had a great day looking forward to the next one

Jacob and grandad

Hi Guys,

finally got round to getting the results together for the first competition, apologies for the time delay, i actually had to do some work this week and not just day dream about fishing.

please remember that the final results/ prize table will be done over both competitions,

results for the first comp are as follows:

Best Specimen: 1st reuben small eyed ray 5lb 8oz 50%

2nd jacob mackeral 15oz 46.88 %

3rd Dan mackeral 13.5 oz 42.2%

4th tamzin mackeral 12oz 37.5%

joint   5th jayden and thomas mackeral 10oz 31.25%

number of species: Joint 1st reuben, jacob and tamzin on 3

joint 2nd jayden and macey on 2

joint 3rd dan and thomas on 1

largest fish caught: currently in first place is reuben with his small eyed ray.

well done to all the kids who fished and especially to reuben on his first ever trip, number one in all 3,

i know reuben cannot fish the second competition but is going to take some beating on the 24th of august.

thanks for all your support

sam

Thanks Chris

You are a good man, always willing to help

If the problems awaiting parts drags a bit I could well take you up on that kind offer.

With one broken boat, I think that I would rather let you be the skipper.

Mind you a few hours checking your plotters sounds good LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all your hard work Sam.

We could only make the second date (due to being in Jersey on the first date) but the boys had a great time yesterday, thanks in part to the brilliant crew and co-competitor on Alfresco, and also due the the format and the prevailing weather and sea-state. Fab! You even organised a fly-by of 2 Lancasters a Spitfire and a Hurricane! Then back to chez Chapman for a run-around, tree-climbing, prize giving and impromptu pyrotechnic display. Bravo!

I think you can run the comp again next year! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk