Dawn raider

JIMBOB

Can't see the engine?..... rolleyes.gif

Also are you sure it's big enough for the landing net you are going to need in 2005?.... laugh.gif

Have you arranged with Suzuki that they arrange fitting the engine in return for being able to add some decals to your boat highlighting their product and sponsorship?

Ive got a few things to sort out, like a clamp electrics ect..

Im takeing the boat down to poole marine services today,My engine should have already been delivered there. There going to give me a quote,but from what they have been saying on the phone, its going to cost me an arm and a legg! and take a month or two till they can fit it mad.gif

James

James

Fitting the engine and it auxilleries is not that hard a task

If they are bolting it on the transom so that the heavy lifting is done make sure that the steering is also fitted before they bolt it on and the rest is very straight forward.

The savings on a DIY fit will go towards toys

Charlie biggrin.gif

As Charlie said putting the outboard on the boat isn't that difficult. When I had the Mercury fitted on Sweet Honey it took the guy less then 4 hours including a general service.

From what I can see from the photos, the steering rod is fitted already so all you have to do is put the engine on the transome and route the control down the side (maybe have all the cables within reach before mounting the engine).

The control cables shoudn't be any problems, more light normal electrics a matter of putting them down and tidying them up. Then you have the rev, trim, volt,.. counters which I believe the electrician will do. All that is left is the engine.

To mount the engine you will need an engine hoist, a drill, tool box and possible a lifting key from Suzuki, my Mercury needed a large 'bolt' with a ring on top. It's purpose is for the hoist to hook into.

Actual work involve is pretty minimal, you have to lower the engine on the transome mark out the fixing holes, drill the holes, lift the engine fit the steering rod and finally lowering the engine (you may want to do a dry run before any drilling and bolting), bolt on the bolts, seal around the hole with silicon. Finally connects all the electrics and fuel line and hey presto done. It really is that simple, however, it's easier if you have someone with you to help move the hoist as well as passing tools etc. It also helps if you are fitting it on a level drive and not a slope, which I did. dry.gif . Wouldn't mind helping out if you intend to fit it on a Tuesday.

Yep there are rod holders,The same as the ones on your boat Duncan.

They can be moved by the turn of a nut to about any angle! biggrin.gif

My engines been delayed but hopefully it will be all done for friday Then its out to run her in on friday and saturday biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

James