2014 junior competition

Sam

Hi Guys

after taking all the comments on board from the first thread, i have started putting something together to get this sorted for the kids. i am very keen to make this work as i believe it can turn into a great yearly event.

i have decided to run two, one day competitions in the bay in the summer holidays, i belive this to be the best way to get the most interest out of the kids.

after talking to tony we have agreed on two dates, the  first is sunday the 27th july and the second is sunday the 24th august. please put these dates in your diary.

so far i have the following list of juniors, any more that will be interested please add to the list more the merrier.

1. Jayden Wald
2. Ellie Witheford
3. Daniel Burt
4. Jack Allen
5. Reuben Franklin
6. Thomas Boyle
7. Jacob Givans

8. Sam Annear

9. Dom Annear

10. Macey Burt

11. Tamzin Osborne

i also have the following list of boats available for these competitions, can you please check this will be the case on the two dates above.

alfresco, awol, sweet pea, serenity, fisheagle, joint venture, kingfisher, yelo.

All children entering the two competions must be accompanied by an adult or guardian to avoid any problems with insurance or liability.

i am going to run the prize's as follows after the two days of fishing.

1st, 2nd and 3rd for the best specimen over the two days

a prize for the largest fish over the two days.

finally a small fishing based goodie bag for all juniors who fish to keep them keen in fishing.

i think without getting too restricted with rules, to keep it simple to one rod 2 hooks, fi, if the interest keeps coming i will see what i can organise for a prize giving at my house, what are peoples thoughts on how long the days fishing should be?

i have been speaking to my local tackle shop about sponsership and to get some good prices on prizes but any donations would be greatly recieved even to make up the goodie bags.

can i please have feedback to what people think and if there is anything i have missed.

i feel it is moving in the right direction now time for fine tuning

tight lines

sam

Well done Sam great work you have done.

Regarding length of time, I would have thought no longer than 6hrs max, 4 to 5hrs would be ideal. Need to think of the younger ones and how to keep them happy if the fishing goes quiet as Charlie said it will be heavily dependant on weather conditions.

Dave

Hi Guys

thanks for the comments

i agree with the short competition length as i know what its like keeping jayden entertained for more than an hour lol

i was also thinking with the shorter day out i can run the prize giving at my house as an afternoon bbq and the kids can all get to know each other properly which will keep them keen to come back next year.

also the dads can have a beer :) :)

also does anyone have any preference to who fishes on which boat as would like to mix it up so they all get to know each other

sam

Hi martin

I completely agree with that I am just thinking of the boats volunteered who will be fishing on them.

If this is the case can we start a list of which juniors will be fishing on what boats.

Alfresco.- Charlie, Sam and Jayden (possibly Charlie, Sam and dom A. If you still want a ride in a bigger boat lol)

Once we have a decent list I can really start working on the prizes

Cheers

Sam

Ok Sam

Jacob would like to go on alfresco and Dave's new boat if that possible

Maybe on the 2 nd comp with you

But he is so keen he would proberly go on a dingy if asked

Kev

Hi Kev we have dom and sam on second comp, but they cannot fish the first comp if this works for you and jacob, i know jayden would like to fish with him on the first one

brian will they be fishing from your boat?

so far list stands as

1st competition

Alfresco- jayden and jacob

Awol-  Daniel and Macey

Megabyte-  Tamzin and Thomas

2nd Competition

Alfresco- jayden, sam and dom

Awol- daniel and macey

Megabyte- Tamzin and thomas

wight magic 2- Jacob

please add to these lists so we can get a good idea of who is in the comps and what boats, if there are juniors without a boat to fish on im sure there will be spare spaces on other boats, also if you have a boat available please can you say if you have spare space for other juniors.

thank you in advance

sam

Hi Sam

My son Bradley would also like to enter the competition on our boat Marlin. However, we are unavailable on the 27th July but can make the 24th August.

As a possible solution would he be able to fish a half day prior to the 24th August and document his catch to count as the first competition day?

Greg.

Hi Greg

I will add you to the list for the second competition.

I will talk to the committee and see what they think as I don't want to move the goal posts too much and he could still win in the second comp as it is best species wins over both days and not a points comp

Sam

yeah i agree with you rob after giving it a bit of thought this afternoon.

comps will stand as dates listed and if you can only fish one just as much chance of still winning the comp

cheers

sam

quick update as it stands so far

1st competition

Alfresco- jayden, jacob and jack allen

Awol-  Daniel and Macey

Megabyte-  Tamzin and Thomas

2nd Competition

Alfresco- jayden, sam and dom

Awol- daniel and macey

Megabyte- Tamzin and thomas

wight magic 2- Jacob

Marlin- Bradley

also starting to collect prizes together, first one a nice pink ugly stik. thanks malcolm

tight lines

sam

second donated prize a nice rod from will, thanks will that rod will make a awesome prize for someone. will really have to push jayden this year to keep that rod in my garage haha

sam