Been out today looking at moorings

Retrowagon

Wonder if anyone can help?

The wife and I went out looking at moorings at various marinas today around Poole,

Looked at a couple and they was very mmm well let's say I don't want another mortgage payment . Lol

We then ended up at Cobbs Quay ... Well looked great. First we drove around looking lost by all accounts, then ended up in the bar, had a coffee and then ventured into the office. Came out with lots of info, and was given the pass code for (A pontoon) to have a look and the code for (F pontoon) which is where we would possibly be, the very last one so I'm told. Lol

Is there any other marinas in the area ?

I'm after a little cheaper than cobbs if I'm honest, I know I won't get as good, I don't think, but at the moment price is important.

Loving the idea of the boat being secure and the ease of it being in the water.

So can anyone help please

Or can I have a job at the marina to make my mooring cheaper ??

Many thanks in advance

Loads of guys here at Cobbs, how about dry stack there? How about dry storage at Rockley?- prob cheapest about and they are a few members there too! (But further from the entrance of the harbour which is a nice cruise and plenty of time to scrub the decks!

Go and live in Brixham.

It's cheap mooring there.

If you do find anything cheap ( and good ) in this area let me know ! !.

Happy hunting Retro.

Mine stays on a trailer because of the cost.

I've thought of dry stacking ( no need for antifoul ) but even that's more than I can justify spending.

Good luck.

Jim

It is worth looking at Rockley,they have frozen their prices at 2013/14

I pay about £2450 for a 7m boat

it is always safe in a gale and in the water when i ask

and you don't have to negotiate loads of bridges on the way in and out

let me know i may get a discount for introducing a new customer!!!!!

Tony

If you dont mind a swinging mooring in poole, then salterns marina is quite cheap and not to far from the entrance. It worked out at just under £900 but amazingly got it for just over half that price for a shetland 535 from april till end of oct. Free use of the taxi boat to take you out to your boat anytime between 8am and 6pm I think, and use of there slipway and facilities.

Good luck with your search

rich.

I second Rockley. £1800 for 16.5ft for 12 months. Boat lifted in within approx 10 mins. When you come back they lift it out, pressure wash and flush the engine and no need to anti foul.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

The convenience factor is definitely worth considering:
- gives you a chance for quick evening or half day trips;
- lets you pop down to do a few quick jobs;
- no trips out to the mooring via water taxi or dinghy, making sure you have everything;
- you can use the boat easily when you want, not just when the taxi is running
- less lugging of heavy stuff back and forth, as you can use marina trolleys
- all-tide access means no issues with day length as the season progresses;
- no worries about stopping fishing in time to beat the low tide "window"
- Ease of transfer for yourself, crew and luggage with reduced risk of accidents
- More eyes around to reduce risk of theft
- Ease of transfer means you take valuables home instead of leaving on board

- Power for battery charging

- Water to hose down

- etc

The list goes on, but the trade-off is the cost, which is usually the deciding factor!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

There are a number of Moorings avail in Christchurch that are run by the Council, I am looking to move my Boat from Gosport Dry Stack there when a Pontoon Moorings comes avail (if ever) and when I finish working out in the Middle East at the end of the year.

http://www.sembcorpbw.co.uk/fishing-and-moorings/moorings.aspx

Current vacancies           No.      Max boat length                    Max draught

Mid-river moorings          5           6.1m/20ft                                2ft

1           6.7m/22ft                                3ft

1           9.1m/30ft                                3ft

Bankside                          3           6.1m/20ft                                2ft

Bankside                          3           5.5m/18ft                                2ft

Trot moorings

above Tuckton Bridge      8           9.1m/30ft                                3ft

Harbour moorings - owner laid swing moorings 2 at Hengistbury Head, 17 in Stanpit Creek

Enquiries

Call Recreational Services on 01202 444646