Navionics for android

great white

Now that I use the tablet more than my PC at home, I am thinking of putting some nav software on it

I use Navionics gold on the boat

Has anyone got or used the android app on their phone or tablet

If so is it any good and how do you transfer the information?

My phone is a samsung galaxy S3

And the tablet a Samsung galaxy note 10.1

Cheers

Charlie

Now that I use the tablet more than my PC at home, I am thinking of putting some nav software on it

I use Navionics gold on the boat

Has anyone got or used the android app on their phone or tablet

If so is it any good and how do you transfer the information?

My phone is a samsung galaxy S3

And the tablet a Samsung galaxy note 10.1

Cheers

Charlie

Charlie, I have it on my Galaxy S3 mini and my Nexus 7 tablet. Works well but I have only inputed information straight onto the phone/tablet. I basically have it as a backup on board as I always have my 'phone with me. Also useful if you are on another boat to snaffle marks. :ph34r:  I will check out the transferring of information.

Terry.

Curses, foiled again! Obviously, when I said you can do this, I was referring to Charlie, I wouldn't stoop that low as you know, Martin. Totally trustworthy fellow. ;)

BTW Charlie, I can't see a way to transfer data; someone more adept may know of a shortcut. However, once it has been paid for and downloaded, one can put it on multiple instruments, i.e. 'phone and tablet.

Terry.

• 1 month later...

Now added it to my tablet

It looks terrific but while the cursor shows wher I am how do I get a lat long to show.

Quite a lot of things on there are very basic compared to Navionics on my PC in the office and Navionics gold on my plotter.

Terry how do you enter your waypoints mate?

I have to go to the London boat show next week so no doubt I will quiz the Navionics experts when I am there. I will also ask them if now that I have purchased it for my tablet can I load it to my phone. (Both samsung S3)

Still its something to play with in this weather

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Charlie

Charlie,

Make sure both devices are running the same version and registered ( update via Google play)

Make sure you tick the sync data box on both devices and the marks/waypoints will appear on both.

I just changed phones so i had to transfer this info onto the new one. I had a glitch which required me to rename the marks first before they would transfer, just changed one letter.

Navionics support ( email) was actually quite helpful

PJ