POOLE BAY PLAICE CHASE 2014

lofty

4DC7866E-7F48-4CCF-843C-A02D5F6C799B.png

Returning for 2014 is a spring meet to get everyone motivated for Summer

This will be a great meet and a good excuse to raise funds for Heroes on the Water.

This meet will to promote our sport with some nice goodies for 1st Plaice(pun intended) and other bits and bobs.

This will run along the successful format of the flounder meet. Yakkers will register on the cliff top at Southbourne from 8am ,and can then go and fish from Boscombe to the Coast Guard hut at Hengistbury head .

Most will launch from Southbourne but the parking can be a pain so first come,first served. There is also a pay parking with height restrictions further along towards Boscombe and parking near the pier.

I've put a limit to the area as beyond the coastguard hut can potentially be trouble for beginners.

Weigh in and prizes will be on the beach in the afternoon.

Looking forward to meeting friends old and new.

Thanks for the offers of support chaps. Last year saw 25 take part. The conditions weren't perfect. I aim to better that this year to fundraiser for How . Obviously prizes are a nice incentive to take part and I'm only just starting to think about this now. I've left a gap on the flyer to add sponsors. If anyone is chums with a tackle manufacturer ???

It is also the Easter weekend so that will definitely kill the weather.!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Right o chaps

Weather looks doable for Saturday so any Pbsbac boats want to come and give us a wave please do so.

And as an incentive to you species hunters, this can't out from Southbourne on Saturday last

099FBAF4-1EB6-4236-9D67-ED6CD5864093.jpg

Any club bo

The Poole Bay Plaice Chase is on this Saturday.

The Longest fish will win

The winner will receive this trophy to keep, presented by last years winner , Cam Clearie, in front of the cafe on Southbourne Beach , at 2.30

352DF795-6386-4B93-8336-6CCB2F0EA45D.jpg

and their name will be engraved onto this shield. You will be in good company

96355325-FF86-4492-9CF8-606F9B8DCC3C.jpg

The prizes are funded by Pbsbac, and the winner will be able to be presented with the trophy at the annual dinner dance on Saturday 26 th April at Parkstone Yacht Club.

Tight lines all