Bass Comp - Sunday 22nd

Neal

Like to thank Dave for another good trip,bad start with fog and a few electrical problems found a bit of rust close and picked up 20+ scads then down to the ledge on the second drift Dave Jacob then me picked up three Bass all under 3 pound grandad now blanking and decided to throw his toys out of the pram and spent the best part of the day sabotaging the bait which didn't work as Dave and Jacob picked up another Bass each.

Nice to see such a enthusiastic young lad with quite a bit of knowledge,well done Jacob.

Well done to all who took part

I couldn't get out over the weekend, but did get out on the Friday before. Found 7 or 8 small bass where there should have been some bigger ones, but not a sniff from the big girls (best was only 45cm). Fished the same place yesterday, only one small schoolie, but I lost a very good fish when it shook it's head and my heavy jig head with a barbless hook fell out! Plenty of Pollack though

Does the club keep a record of each years bass comp results? As some of you may know, I head up the restoration effort for BASS and that kind of data can be really useful. I get the feeling that the decline in bass stocks is starting to show through. 

Cheers

Nigel

Nigel

All fish recorded in our main book are accessible online http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/ipb/topic/5768-view-reports-here/ Only fish that members have bothered to report will be in here but can give a good indication of what's about and when. The only thing with using data like this is it doesn't take account that the club is much larger now than back in 92 also we have some superb anglers in the club now, not that we didn't back in the beginning but we do have a lot more good anglers now

Martin

Hi Martin

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and for the important background about the club to bear in mind when looking through those records. Without that a very quick look that I have just done would suggest that there are lots more, lots bigger fish out there now than years ago!

Nigel