Mid Channel with Alfresco

Adam F

I enjoyed a cracking day out last Thurs with Charlie on Alfresco, as something of a consolation trip for the disaster I had on the way to Cherbourg a few weeks ago. We had planned for weekend trip but as the wind was due to come up we booked days off and went out on what is probably the calmest day Ive ever spent in the Channel. It was super flat, and super hot all day.

Ben and Alun J completed the crew. Whilst I was gutted not to have JV out there, it was really nice to have a rest from skippering and really enjoyed crewing for the day.

The fishing was good, if not a little sporadic and sadly wasnt that evenly split across the crew. Nevertheless, some good fish were caught, including a 14lb Pollack and a 1lb 4oz Cukoo Wrasse to me, and a 52lb Conger to Ben, best cod went to Charlie about 10lb.

We ended the day with about  7 cod and 7 pollack, 3 eels and a few wrasse.

Thai turbot fishcakes and homemade Elderflower Champagne for lunch was a nice touch.... even if I did make it myself :P

Anyway, as they say a picture paints a thousand words, hopefully this little video will show the trip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xPcdIrjQ2s&feature=youtu.be

Great Video Adam

It does not look like you camera was cable tied to the boat hook.

Really pleased that you invited me out for a days fishing on my boat and Wendy talked me into taking a day off :D  :D

when we arrived it was nice to find a friendly face, even if talking to Tom is hard on the VHF, its nice to have friends nearby.

gallery_6_68_187695.jpg

The day started well with a few cod, then we moved out to see if there were a few other species.

On the tide we found a few pollack, including this one for Adam

gallery_6_68_10174.jpg

At slack tide the congers started to show, Ben had a good one on light gear

gallery_6_68_154717.jpg

After his Benny Allen moment for the video, he posed with his new PB [51lb]

gallery_6_68_209300.jpg

It was time for a great lunch and some of Adams home made Elderflower Champers

gallery_6_68_222692.jpg

Then a cooling dip for some of the crew

gallery_6_68_22685.jpg

As we set off to look for a few more cod we passed a RIB the crew had made plans for the hot weather and had fitted a parasol

gallery_6_68_177362.jpg

The fishing was not setting the world on fire , but what a great day to be mid channel

Thanks for joining me guys

Great Video Adam

It does not look like you camera was cable tied to the boat hook.

Really pleased that you invited me out for a days fishing on my boat and Wendy talked me into taking a day off :D:D

when we arrived it was nice to find a friendly face, even if talking to Tom is hard on the VHF, its nice to have friends nearby.

gallery_6_68_187695.jpg

The day started well with a few cod, then we moved out to see if there were a few other species.

On the tide we found a few pollack, including this one for Adam

gallery_6_68_10174.jpg

At slack tide the congers started to show, Ben had a good one on light gear

gallery_6_68_154717.jpg

After his Benny Allen moment for the video, he posed with his new PB [51lb]

gallery_6_68_209300.jpg

It was time for a great lunch and some of Adams home made Elderflower Champers

gallery_6_68_222692.jpg

Then a cooling dip for some of the crew

gallery_6_68_22685.jpg

As we set off to look for a few more cod we passed a RIB the crew had made plans for the hot weather and had fitted a parasol

gallery_6_68_177362.jpg

The fishing was not setting the world on fire , but what a great day to be mid channel

Thanks for joining me guys

Cheers mate good day out !!!!!