New member intro.

Member Removed

Thought I had better introduce myself !

My wife and I recently moved to Dorset from the Bedford area just about 2 months ago now, we have bought a place in Okeford Fitzpaine near Blandford Forum. Not exactly on the coast but a lot nearer than Bedford.

I have done a fair bit of sea fishing from my kayak but we are selling the kayaks as my back has been complaining at me putting them on the roof of the 4x4 recently.

So looking at buying a SIB that I can hopefully launch on my own if nessesary, something around 4mts with 15hp or thereabouts.

Will probably wait to buy untill we have had a good look round at the upcoming boatshow.

Went out of Studland bay with the kayaks earlier this week, caught a few mackeral which was fun.

Pete.

Welcome. Maybe try a few members boats before you buy. Especially If you are having to trail as trailing something a bit bigger could be much more sea worthy and flexible.

I have a 4.85m Terhi and can launch / use single handed and head over to the Isle of Wight.

Check out the Terhi 6020C which is only 200kgs and runs great with a 20 / 25hp motor. Stable and nice high freeboard (I have the BigFun 300kgs which takes up to 60hp).

Rob

Welcome to the club Pete

come to one of our monthly meetings at Parkstone Trades and Labour Club the first thursday of the month from 7:30 and meet the guys

we have about 200 members each year with about 120 boats, don't be afraid to post queries here or ask to try / go out on members boats, protocol is to share fuel costs. every one is keen to share information about their boats

we have our annual BBQ on saturday, you will have received an invite by e mail, please come along and introduce yourself and bring your wife and meet members and their families.

Tony

Hi Pete

I too moved down to Dorset from Sandy in Bedfordshire so I know your old area well.

Welcome to the club and now you are a club member you can see some marks I have listed to help new club members started to find some fish.

http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/ipb/topic/5646-new-member-club-marks/

Hope to meet up with you at the BBQ for a chat

Dave

B)

Welcome to the club. I'm bidding on your camano .( winning at the mo) Didnt realise until I saw your avatar.

Hi Lofty.

I hope you win it, it is in really good nick, though I prefer the Carlisle carbon,bigger blade area, though the joint is better made on the Werner.

Can't interest you in a nice Malibu X13 then B)

Welcome to the club and the area Pete. You won't regret the move or joining the club I'm sure.

I came down here more than 40 years ago and haven't regretted it one minute.

The club has given my fishing a new lease of life too - great bunch of people.