COOL BOX

Ben

I bought an Icey-TEK for the Alderney trip and it is fantastic, very expensive though.

A coleman could be a chealer alternative, most camping shops do them.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi mate iv got a Coleman at the mo and it's seen better days so am going to upgrade , did you find any deals in that one anywhere ?

i have got an icey-tek 70L cook box which doubles as a seat as they sell a cushion to go on it

it even keeps frozen for 5 days

Tony

Did you get your one on line or is there a shop locally you can go and view them and purchase ??

I think the igloo range are a good compromise between built quality / weight , ability to keep the catch cold and price. Also, with not so chunky build they are smaller than the equivalent icytek!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Buy quality, buy once.

My Icey Tek is getting on for 8 years old and it still looks and works like new.

You won't regret it.

Think after looking I am going to go for the icey tek ..... Where did you get your one from Adam and what are the dimensions how many cod can you fit on it lol !!!!!!

The only point I'd add is to ask you to consider how portable you want it to be...

Icey-tek is great...but heavy for it's size....Adam's isn't often lifted off the boat!

I've got two Igloo boxes...they are good [thermally] but the lids, handles and catches are more flimsy...but they are much lighter.

The larger of mine is an Igloo 95  [a bit bigger than Adam's]....that mostly stays on the boat and allows most fish to stay straight !! The smaller box is about 50 l.  and that is more useful to transport fish in the car [ but is often too small !]

So....how much can you lift ??   .....and how much room in the car if you need to transport it ?

Alun.

The only point I'd add is to ask you to consider how portable you want it to be...

Icey-tek is great...but heavy for it's size....Adam's isn't often lifted off the boat!

I've got two Igloo boxes...they are good [thermally] but the lids, handles and catches are more flimsy...but they are much lighter.

The larger of mine is an Igloo 95 [a bit bigger than Adam's]....that mostly stays on the boat and allows most fish to stay straight !! The smaller box is about 50 l. and that is more useful to transport fish in the car [ but is often too small !]

So....how much can you lift ?? .....and how much room in the car if you need to transport it ?

Alun.

Lifting isn't too much of a issue and I will be putting it in the car to take home but with the seats down it should be fine....... As you said the handels on the igloo are a bit flimsy so me being as gentle handed person as I am defiantly better go for the icy tech as the last thing I want is to replace in a couple of years !!!!!

Cheers for the pointers boys now to find one and order .....

Ben